1. Biggest surprise in the SEC this year - Auburn or Missouri?
2. One of the keys to the Auburn turnaround? “(G)lut of new faces making big-time impact all over the field..”
3. Auburn coaches want to focus on Florida Atlantic. Auburn fans are thinking ahead to Alabama.
4. Is Alabama-Tennessee still an intense rivalry? Alabama tackle Cyrus Kouandjio: ”A lot of people even on campus, they take this game pretty seriously.”
5. “Of the SEC’s permanent cross-divisional pairings over the past 10 years, only the Auburn-Georgia series has favored one team more than Alabama-Tennessee…”
6. CBS analyst Gary Danielson on Tennessee: ”I don’t think they have a talented enough team to win a championship, but I think they have a talented enough team to compete now.”
7. With Dylan Thompson getting the start at quarterback for South Carolina, what’s the status of Connor Shaw? “This week, Shaw could be a backup. He could play sparingly. He could watch all four quarters from the sideline.”
8. Missouri presents some matchup problems for the Gamecocks.
9. With successive victories over Georgia and Florida, Missouri became the first SEC team to do that since Tennessee in 1992.
10. Mizzou backup quarterback Corbin Berkstresser has surgery for a leg injury. Tigers left with Maty Mauk and a true freshman.
11. Life as a Missouri fan.“Missouri has been cursed. I hope it doesn’t happen again this year.”
12. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on wide receiver Donte Moncrief: “He’s ready to have the best part of his year moving forward.”
13. What was the mood like in LSU practice this week? The word “anger” was used.
14. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on five straight losses: “There comes a day when Groundhog Day isn’t entertaining.”
15. “This class of quarterbacks in the SEC is so good it’s making us finally question how good SEC defenses are.”
16. Georgia and Vanderbilt tied for first among SEC teams in graduating its players.
17. Of the top five most popular college football coaches on Twitter – four are in the SEC.
18. The case for optimism around the SEC. “It doesn’t look like this parity will end anytime soon…”
Nick Saban/Fans Leaving Game Early
19. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Saban always has been quick to show his gratitude to the fans, so it was surprising to hear him come across as ungrateful…”
20. Cecil Hurt; “How about a big-time home-and-home series, one that rewards the loyal diehards by giving them a nonconference opponent that would be worth sticking around for?”
21 .MrSEC; “Is this the kind of thing that could drive a man to leave Alabama for Texas? (Pause for gasps.) Probably not.”
22. Alabama cornerback Bradley Sylve has a high-ankle sprain. Cyrus Jones likely to get the start against Tennessee.
23. 24 players on Georgia’s injury report – 13 of them have started games. The good news is that Todd Gurley is getting healthy.
23. Georgia linebacker Reggie Carter suffered a knee injury in practice Tuesday - status uncertain.
24. Freshman offensive tackle J.P. Vonashek has left South Carolina’s football team.
25. Texas A&M forward Kourtney Roberson treated for rapid heart rate – “hopeful that he will be back on the court for us very soon,”
26. Injuries already having an impact at Florida. Gators practiced with just six guys on Sunday. Will face Georgia Tech in “secret” scrimmage tomorrow.
27. Arkansas coach Mike Anderson likes his forwards.
28. Missouri opens exhibition play tomorrow and will honor the 1994 Big Eight champs.
29. Is former Texas A&M baseball player Michael Wacha now the greatest young pitcher in postseason history?