1. Alabama and Florida State have the top two spots in the BCS Standings, which were released Sunday night. Six SEC teams on the initial list.
2. Alabama coach Nick Saban doesn’t like running the score up on opposing teams.
3. Auburn is continuing to work freshman QB Jeremy Johnson into the offense as Nick Marshall continues to start.
4. Arkansas’ offense continues to play very poorly. Coach Bret Bielema: “Obviously, this is getting a little old.”
5. LSU isn’t used to having two losses before November, but that’s where the Tigers sit after Saturday’s loss.
6. The Tigers have had a tough time closing out games. Losses to Georgia and Ole Miss came down to the end.
7. Ole Miss and Mississippi State should both win their games this week against inferior opponents.
8. Hugh Freeze and Bo Wallace have had some nice wins, but beating LSU was a signature victory for the Rebels.
9. Texas A&M’s loss to Auburn was Kevin Sumlin’s fourth home loss with the Aggies.
10. Florida will need to improve its “inept” offense during its off week as the Gators prepare for Georgia.
11. Georgia is two games back but coach Mark Richt is “going to fight until it’s over” in the SEC East race.
12. Kentucky’s offensive line is still looking for the right combination for the rest of the season.
13. Tennessee’s defense has improved as its confidence has grown.
14. Defensive changes made by Vanderbilt helped the Commodores pull off the win against Georgia.
15. ESPN has updated its bowl projections for the SEC. Missouri is projected to play in the Sugar Bowl.
16. There was plenty of shuffling in Athlon’s SEC power rankings after an upset-filled weekend.
17. Missouri is No. 5 nationally in the latest power poll by CBSSports.com.
18. Auburn safety Josh Holsey is lost for the season with a knee injury he suffered during last week’s practice.
19. Georgia actually received good news regarding injuries from the loss to Vanderbilt.
20. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is “doubtful” to play against Missouri on Saturday.
21. One Florida State player after the Seminoles’ win over Clemson: “We definitely are the best team in the country.”
22. Butch Jones has Tennessee believing it can win again, writes Bruce Feldman in his “Big Picture” story from the weekend.
23. The standings and polls were thrown into disarray following a weekend of the unexpected.
24. Coach Don James has passed away. Gary Pinkel and Nick Saban, who played for James, mourned his passing.
25. Meet the SEC’s Players of the Week.