1. The SEC made history Sunday by landing 8 of the 25 teams in the AP Top 25.
2. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron is closing in on John Parker Wilson’s all-time passing yards record at the school.
3. Alabama’s defense is showing it’s once again among the nation’s best.
4. Auburn’s excited to be back in the AP Top 25. But it now it has to prepare for Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M.
5. Auburn continues to look for more weapons in its passing game.
6. ESPN still projects Arkansas to reach a bowl game despite its 3-4 record on the season.
7. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis got emotional with his players before they put on a great performance against Florida.
8. LSU showd it has the “strength of a really fine football team,” according to coach Les Miles.
9. Here’s a look back at Mississippi State’s win over Bowling Green. It was close, but the Bulldogs will take it.
10. The dramatic summer involving Johnny Football is well in the past. He’s having another fantastic season.
11. The loss to LSU hurt, but Florida can still win the East. “We have control of everything,” coach Will Muschamp said.
12. Georgia will have competition for spots on defense but will be careful about making too many changes.
13. The first half of the season hasn’t gone well for Kentucky. Luckily, the second half should be easier.
14. South Carolina played really well at Arkansas. Now it will have to deal with success.
15. Tennessee wants to prove its strong performance against Georgia wasn’t a flake.
16. Vanderbilt will try to confuse the opposing quarterback this week. That quarterback will be Aaron Murray.
17. South Carolina is the No. 1 team from the East in Athlon’s SEC power rankings. Missouri is one spot behind the Gamecocks.
18. Positive news: “Things look good” following Ole Miss LB Serderius Bryant’s scary injury on Saturday night.
19. Auburn QB Nick Marshall practiced at full speed Sunday night. He remains the Tigers’ starter.
20. Georgia running back Todd Gurley is “real close” to returning from his ankle injury.
21. The status of Missouri quarterback James Franklin is unknown, but “he’s going to be out a few weeks.”
22. The SEC still has many obstacles to face to win an eighth straight BCS title, writes Dan Wolken.
23. Manziel and Marcus Mariota just start off the list of terrific seasons by quarterbacks around the nation.
24. There will be a lot on the line this Saturday when Clemson hosts Florida State.
25. Texas’ win over Oklahoma quited the “fire Mack Brown” talk. “That’s why you have to be careful what y’all say,” Brown said.
26. This has to be the wildest radio call from the weekend: ”UNICORNS! SHOW PONIES! WHERE’S THE BEEF?“