1. Jadeveon Clowney is expected to start for South Carolina when the Gamecocks play at Arkansas on Saturday.
2. Alabama quarterback Blake Sims should still be considered in Alabama’s future plans.
3. Auburn QB Nick Marshall’s status for Saturday’s game will be determined on Friday.
4. Auburn’s defense has been better than some of the statistics indicate.
5. Arkansas is remaining positive despite its 0-2 start in SEC play. The Razorbacks are 3-3 overall.
6. LSU is expecting a physical battle this weekend against Florida.
7. LSU running back Jeremy Hill has improved thanks to a “bounding” drill involving his teammates.
8. Florida’s offense will have to control the ball and try to keep LSU’s offense off the field.
9. Texas A&M shouldn’t take Ole Miss lightly after the Rebels challenged the Aggies until the end last year.
10. Mississippi State will take a break from SEC play to face a motivated Bowling Green team.
11. Gregg Doyel on the Jadeveon Clowney drama this week: “Steve Spurrier is where it went wrong.”
12. Georgia needs wide receiver Chris Conley to step up as a leader. He’s taking the role seriously.
13. The Bulldogs’ defense has struggled this year, but they know the offense can’t carry the team all year.
14. Kentucky is struggling on the field but there’s still a “glass-half full” way to look at things.
15. Tennessee’s receivers had a “big-time” performance last week. WR coach Zach Azzanni hopes the Vols build on it.
16. Missouri has made the SEC take notice as the Tigers get ready to play at Georgia.
17. Louisville defeated Rutgers 24-10 on Thursday night. The game was close until a late touchdown by Louisville.
18. Southern California beat Arizona 38-31. It was USC’s first game under interim head coach Ed Orgeron.
19. Bruce Feldman expects Ole Miss to challenge Texas A&M before the Aggies win a close one.
20. How do you stop Baylor’s offense? Here’s a look at what the Bears have done.
21. Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich won’t be taking the Texas AD job, according to Yahoo Sports.
22. Eddie Timanus of USA Today predicts Missouri to upset Georgia. Dan Uthman has Arkansas knocking off South Carolina.