1. Challenge for Ole Miss: SEC teams are 1-11 the last three years the game after losing to Alabama.
2. Gus Malzahn and Hugh Freeze love a fast-paced offense but there’s another change in the conference this year. Forty defensive starters from last season are no longer with the SEC’s top six teams.
3. Ole Miss wants to establish the run game. Auburn’s defense giving up 4.79 yards per carry – that ranks 13th in the SEC.
Arkansas at Florida
4. Razorbacks looking for their first win against the Gators since joining the conference.
5. Keep your eye on Arkansas’ offensive line going up against the Florida defensive line - especially after “little dirty talk this week.
6. Both these teams pride themselves on winning the line of scrimmage, toughness, and running the ball.
LSU at Mississippi State
7. After giving up 45 points to Georgia, LSU defense looks for redemption.
8. Mississippi State has lost 20 of the last 21 in this rivalry by an average margin of 22 points.
9. A Mississippi State victory would be the first over a top 1o opponent in the Dan Mullen era.
Missouri at Vanderbilt
10. Last time Missouri played at Vanderbilt, Frank Broyles was the head coach.
11. Does the Mizzou defense have any solutions to stop Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews?
12. SEC opener for the Tigers and a game that could determine if Vanderbilt goes bowling this year.
Kentucky at South Carolina
13. Quarterback Connor Shaw will start for South Carolina but how long will he last?
14. Jadeveon Clowney didn’t practice Thursday but is expected to play.
15. Steve Spurrier is 19-1 against Kentucky including 10 wins by four touchdowns or more.