He said a lot more than "What's up Nick? Nice Hit." He was jawing big time. And by the reactions of the defensive players, it was no compliment.
Texas A&M 52 – Rice 31 – Video Highlights
1. Suspended for the first half, Johnny Manziel throws three touchdown passes while attempting just eight passes.
2. Manziel didn’t play after getting hit with 15-yard taunting penalty. Coach Kevin Sumlin: ”That was a foolish penalty at the end.” (video of the play below).
3. Greg Doyel: “Johnny Manziel is the same guy he ever was, which is to say: immature, uncontrollable.”
4. Before the game, four Texas A&M players received two-game suspensions. Two starters -linebacker Steven Jenkins and defensive back De’Vante Harris – among those punished for “violating … department rules and regulations.”
5. Video of the play that drew the taunting penalty…
6. Earlier in the game, Manziel exchanged words with a Rice player and does an air autograph.
7. Rice player goes on Twitter after the game: “I was the one who johnny was talking too. He said ‘what’s up nick, nice hit.’ True story.”