1. Like a lot of other SEC battles in recent years, it came down to Alabama and LSU. The Crimson Tide won. Five-star offensive lineman Cameron Robinson from West Monroe, Louisiana said Wednesday he wants to play for Nick Saban. ”Everytime I was able to get down to Tuscaloosa, I was able to sit down and talk with Coach Saban, Coach Napier and Coach Cristobal. I just developed a really strong relationship with them.”
2. Ever since he was eight years old, Robinson has been telling his mother he wanted to play at LSU but that changed after meeting the Alabama coaching staff.
3. So where does LSU go now to get offensive linemen?
4. Domino effect? Robinson is childhood friend of the nation’s top running back prospect – Leonard Fournette.
5. Alabama now has six commitments among offensive lineman in its 2014 class.
6. Jeremy Crabtree of ESPN quotes an SEC assistant on what Nick Saban has accomplished in recruiting: “But it’s kind of scary to think what the future holds now that he’s getting all of these guys that are higher-ranked. They’re building for the long haul.”
7. AL.com looks at previously ranked No 1 ranked recruits and No. 1 ranked linemen from past years.