Going all the way back to Eric Zeier and now with 2 dismissed Quarterbacks playing for other SEC schools, Auburn and LSU, one has to ask is Georgia becoming Quarterback U? Coach Richt and Coach Bobo is turning out good Quarterbacks every few years. It seams as if Georgia just reloads at the position when one leaves.
1. Georgia earned a big win against South Carolina but the Bulldogs need to improve greatly on defense.
2. Here’s a look at Alabama’s need to run the ball well as it gets ready for Texas A&M on Saturday.
3. Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee wants to see more on-field discipline from his players.
4. The Tigers’ defense is improving when it comes to fundamentals.
5. Robbie Neiswanger has five keys to Arkansas beating Samford 31-21 on Saturday.
6. ESPN still projects the SEC to have 11 teams in bowl games. Kentucky, Mississippi State and Tennessee are left out.
7. Georgia climbed to No. 2 in the Athlon Sports SEC power rankings. Alabama is still No. 1.
8. Georgia can take a breather after a brutal two-game start to the season. “It’ll wear you out,” coach Mark Richt said.
9. LSU’s offense has more options now that it has a strong passing attack.
10. Ole Miss is still looking to improve while its upcoming opponent (Texas) is replacing its defensive coordinator.
11. Alabama and Texas A&M each have reasons to be optimistic but also worried as they get ready to play on Saturday.
12. Florida held Miami to 212 yards of total offense but the Gators can still play better on defense.
13. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said he knows the Louisville game is a big rivalry game. “We’re looking forward to it,” Stoops said.
14. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier hopes his team realizes it’s “not a very good team right now.”
15. Tennessee coach Butch Jones said the Vols are “going to have to be resilient” as they get ready for a difficult schedule.
16. Vanderbilt’s running backs struggled to put up big numbers against a weak Austin Peay on Saturday.
17. Missouri quarterback James Franklin can run the football but he prefers to throw it.
18. Ole Miss has landed inside the Associated Press Top 25. Georgia moved up to No. 9 while Florida fell to No. 18.
19. From USA Today: Welcome to Alabama-Texas A&M week.
20. Georgia received good news on the injury front. Left tackle Kenarious Gates and running back Keith Marshall should be fine.
21. LSU coach Les Miles wants running back Jeremy Hill to get in better shape. “I want to get him going,” Miles said.
22. QB Tyler Russell will start for Mississippi State against Auburn on Saturday if he’s cleared to play.
23. Florida’s offensive line continues to suffer injuries. Tackles D.J. Humphries and Tyler Moore are the latest.
24. Miami is climbing the polls but the Hurricanes aren’t “back” just yet, writes Bruce Feldman.
25. Manny Diaz is out as defensive coordinator at Texas. Greg Robinson, who was fired at his last two jobs, will take over.
26. Southern Cal players know there are fans who want Lane Kiffin fired. “We’ve got to perform for him,” QB Cody Kessler said.
27. There’s plenty of pressure on Kiffin and Mack Brown at Texas, writes Stewart Mandel.
28. That’s why Texas and USC are the top two schools on Dan Wolken’s Misery Index. Florida has moved up to No. 3.
29. Former Tennessee hoopster and SEC great Bernard King is now a member of the basketball hall of fame.