1. Central Florida offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe on Jadeveon Clowney: “He’s a once-in-generation kind of player.”
2. South Carolina running back Mike Davis recalls being recruited by his home-state team Georgia: “It never came until a month before signing day. So, I was like, it’s kind of too late now.”
3. Georgia safety Tray Matthews on LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger: “That quarterback puts the ball on the money.”
4. Georgia-LSU game is the opportunity to watch two of the best running backs in the country – Todd Gurley and Jeremy Hill.
5. Dennis Dodd doesn’t like the idea of Hill getting another chance at LSU: “None of it reflects well on Miles, LSU and the SEC.”
6. Tempo is a big difference between Alabama and Ole Miss. Rebels averaging close to 80 plays per game. Crimson Tide closer to 60.
7. AJ McCarron’s mom on her son’s similarities to Nick Saban.“ It’s funny people call him a little mini-Saban…because he has taken on so many characteristics of coach.”
8. Joker Phillips returns to Lexington – this time as a Florida assistant coach. How will be received? “I don’t know what type of reception he’ll get.”
9. How Joker has become “a a one-man buzz generator” at Florida.
10. If Kentucky is going to upset Florida – they need wide receiver Javess Blue to make some plays.
11. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on wide receiver Keon Hatcher: “He’s just got that mojo,”
12. Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham caught 28 passes his freshman season. Already has 17 grabs this year.
13. As a slot receiver, Tennessee’s Pig Howard plays a crucial role in Butch Jones’ offense.
14. Spending 12 years at each school, Watson Brown left an impact at both Vanderbilt and UAB.
15. Focus at Auburn – stopping early defensive mistakes.Defensive end Dee Ford: “Auburn is beating Auburn right now.” Secondary is “razor thin with injuries.”
16. When Alabama-Ole Miss kickoff, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn won’t be watching - he’ll be out recruiting.
17. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Hard to believe, but it’s very possible the SEC could finish September with only two teams with perfect records: Alabama and Missouri. ”
18. Alabama safety Nick Perry is out for the season after having shoulder surgery this week. Qualifies for medical redshirt – expected to return next year.
19. Alabama cornerback Deion Blue sat out the last game with a toe injury but he’s expected to return for Ole Miss.
20. Ole Miss cornerback Charles Sawyer returns from suspension this week. Linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche will reportedly play – won’t start.
21. Florida likely to turn to freshmen to replace defensive tackle Dominique Easley, out for the year with a knee injury.
22. Unless Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen is 100% Saturday, “I’m not going to put him in harm’s way,” said coach Bret Bielema.
23. Mississippi State running back LaDarius Perkins sprained his ankle against Oklahoma State – handled the ball just 13 times since.
24. Missouri offensive line coach Bruce Walker on replacing injured linemen: “When you move guys, you’re better off keeping them on the same side…than you are moving from one side to the other.”
25. Alabama cancels its home-and-home series with Michigan State: “Alabama requested to cancel the series due to uncertainty with the SEC schedule.”
26. Did you know? The SEC is the only FBS conference that uses headset communication devices between officials. One of many nuggets in Matt Hayes profile of SEC Commissioner Mike Slive.
27. Early bowl projections for SEC teams.
28. Why Georgia is one of 10 programs facing pressure this weekend.
29. The NCAA is the lone defendant left in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit. EA Sports and Collegiate Licensing Company settle claims.
30. EA Sports will not produce a college football video game in 2014.
31. Georgia returns two starters and seven lettermen from last year’s 15-17 team.
32. Tennessee will live video stream its first practice on Tuesday.