1. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin asked about his role in the dismissal of wide receiver Chris Boyd:“ I’m here to talk about UMass and the kids that we have currently on our roster.“
2. Colorado State coach and former Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain on AJ McCarron: “He has that gym-rat mentality. He just soaks it up and it’s something I really admire.”
3. Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans on his 95-yard touchdown reception against Alabama: “On that play I was cramping a little bit,” [Cyrus Jones] definitely would have caught me if I didn’t stiff arm him. I got a lucky stiff arm in.”
4. How the Aggies prepared for Alabama. CBSSports.com goes behind the scenes.
5. What does Auburn’s offense need to do to get better? For one thing, stop dropping passes.”We did have some drops the other night, and some were key drops.”
6. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn on LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis: ”He’s one of the best in the business.”
7. What’s the impact of LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron at LSU? “Has made the quarterback position at LSU…better than anyone could have imagined.”
8. Florida isn’t sure who will play quarterback for Tennessee. Gators preparing for more than one option.
9. One measure of Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace’s improvement: no interceptions this year. SEC leader a year ago.
10. At this point in the season, USA Today writer says Ole Miss belongs in hypothetical four-team playoff.
11. No matter who is at quarterback for Arkansas, Razorbacks want to improve on last week’s 69-yard passing performance.
12. Troy quarterback Corey Robinson torched Mississippi State’s defense a year ago. MSU coach Dan Mullen: “He gets rid of it quick and he knows exactly where he’s going with the ball.”
13. With Georgia giving up 211.5 yards per game rushing, Georgia wants to give more reps to freshman linebacker Reggie Carter.
15. The Louisville game was a coming out party for Kentucky freshman Jason Hatcher – can play both linebacker and defensive end.
16. Jadeveon Clowney’s message to fellow South Carolina defensive lineman Chaz Sutton and Kelcy Quarles: ”Step up and be a leader, be a playmaker. That’s all I want you to be this year, is be a playmaker.”
17. Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen will make the trip to Rutgers - “game-time decision.”
19. Alabama redshirt defensive lineman Dakota Ball broke his foot in practice Tuesday – expected to miss six to eight weeks.
20. Alabama right guard Anthony Steen is looking healthy. Two Crimson Tide freshmen could see snaps at cornerback.
21. Status of Auburn cornerback Chris Davis remains questionable- battling a foot injury.
22. Tennessee linebacker Curt Maggitt out for the Florida game – freshman defensive end Corey Vereen expected to make his debut this weekend. In total, Tennessee lists 11 players out this week and another 7 seven as limited.
24. Sorority discrimination allegations have Alabama suspending block seating for students this weekend.
25. Patrick Peterson still wonders why he didn’t play some offense at LSU: “You know Coach Miles has his way of doing things, but you’ve got to love the Mad Hatter.”
26. Is Fresno State’s Derek Carr the anti-Johnny Manziel?
27. Selection of college football’s playoff committee almost complete.
28. North Dakota State fans unhappy with ESPN’s GameDay. Producers pick downtown Fargo as backdrop for this weekend- not campus.
29. Urban Meyer trades letters with 2-year old “recruit.”
30. What’s it like for visiting fans to watch a game at Oregon? Tennessee fans find out (video).
31. LSU unveils new uniforms this week.
In Case You’re Wondering…