1. Alabama remains the clear choice at No. 1 in the country. Oregon received one first place vote in each poll.
2. Bruce Feldman on Johnny Manziel: “I don’t know how anyone can honestly have watched what he did Saturday and not be wowed.”
3. An Alabama-Oregon battle would be a dream BCS matchup, writes Edward Aschoff.
4. It’s no surprise but Alabama’s statistics on offense and defense moved in different directions during the Texas A&M game.
5. The play of defensive back Jarrick Williams was one of the positives for Alabama’s defense on Saturday.
6. Auburn is preparing for a tough, physical game against LSU. “It’s going to be a box game,” Auburn DC Ellis Johnson said.
7. Bret Bielema’s wife tweeted “#karma” after the odd ending in Wisconsin’s loss at Arizona State.
8. LSU’s running game was back on Saturday, giving opposing defenses more to think about.
9. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said the Rebels’ win at Texas is “just one step” in the right direction. It was a big step.
10. Johnny Manziel: “Our season isn’t over. Anything could happen. This is college football.”
11. Florida can still win the SEC East despite its loss to Miami. Florida will need to start with a win against Tennessee on Saturday.
12. The Gators are going for their ninth straight win over Tennessee.
13. Georgia coach Mark Richt decided to be lazy on Sunday while also allowing some of his injured players to rest.
14. John Clay writes the No. 1 thing we’ve learned about Kentucky is “Mark Stoops is a football coach.”
15. Jadeveon Clowney’s injured foot didn’t require surgery last offseason, but it will after this season. The injury became more significant “just recently.”
16. No Tennessee group, including the coaches, earned a grade higher than a “C” in the Vols’ blowout loss at Oregon.
17. Special teams is a positive for Vanderbilt as it looks to overcome a 1-2 record.
18. Here’s a look at the focus on Missouri in the new book “The System.”
19. Athlon’s top three in the SEC: Alabama, Georgia and LSU. Click here to see the full list.
20. Justin Garrett helped Auburn on Saturday as he’s still coming back from injury.
21. Mississippi State QB Tyler Russell continues to work with a spinal doctor as he recovers from a concussion.
22. Oregon TE Colt Lyerla was “really upset” coach Mark Helfrich said “circumstances” is the reason Lyerla missed the Tennessee game.
23. How much does Texas coach Mack Brown have left? George Schroeder examines that tough question.
24. Here’s a ranking of quarterbacks on teams 11-25 in the Coaches Poll.
25. Blake Bell will continue to start at quarterback for Oklahoma after throwing for 413 yards against Tulsa.
26. Nebraska has climbed to No. 1 in the Misery Index after blowing a 21-3 lead at home to UCLA.
27. CBS saw huge ratings in the Alabama-Texas A&M game. The biggest since 1990 in fact.