1. Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M won in Tuscaloosa last year. Will Alabama be able to stop Manziel this time?
2. Alabama’s offensive line has a chip on its shoulder after a hearing so much about its disappointing start against Virginia Tech.
3. Andrew Gribble takes a look at the Alabama-Texas A&M matchup when Alabama is throwing the football.
4. Texas A&M will have several defenders back from suspension this week. They’ll make an “immediate impact,” according to safety Toney Hurd Jr.
5. Georgia Coach Mark Richt saw improvement from his offensive line from Week 1 to Week 2.
6. Georgia freshman cornerback Brendan Langley said he hopes his bad performance last week will be a good learning lesson.
7. Here are five players on Mississippi State that Auburn will be watching this week.
8. Auburn’s defense needs to improve its containment of opposing quarterbacks, according to coach Ellis Johnson.
9. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says Auburn has “three big-time running backs” and “dynamic” wide receivers.
10. The Arkansas defense continues to be a work in progress, says defensive coordinator Chris Ash.
11. LSU coach Les Miles wants to see improvement from the Tigers’ running game.
13. Redshirt senior Kyle Koehne is an important part of Florida’s offense because he can play every position on the offensive line.
14. Here are the top 20 things that have made the modern rivalry between Kentucky and Louisville fun.
15. Jadeveon Clowney has become frustrated with the way opposing offenses keep running away from him.
16. Tennessee players know all about the excitement surrounding Oregon’s football program.
17. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin called a report that he encouraged a player to delete a video involved in the rape “baseless.”
18. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel shouldn’t be on the hot seat, writes Brian Burwell.
19. Pinkel said quarterback James Franklin is “making a lot of good decisions, a lot of good throws.”
20. Quarterback Tyler Russell, running back LaDarius Perkins and two defensive backs are expected to return this week for Mississippi State.
21. Arkansas hopes to have several key defenders back at practice this week.
22. LSU safety Craig Loston is expected to play Saturday against Kent State. He’s recovering from a lower leg injury.
23. Tennessee expects to have defensive Jacques Smith back against Oregon. Linebacker Curt Maggitt and DE Corey Vereen are questionable.
24. Kentucky fans nearly filled up Rupp Arena to watch former Wildcats play in an Alumni game.
25. Ole Miss cornerback Charles Sawyer was charged with a DUI after running a stop sign. “He made a mistake and there will be consequences,” says his coach.
26. Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is “day-to-day” as he recovers from a strained MCL in his left knee.
27. Southern California coach Lane Kiffin named Cody Kessler the team’s starting quarterback.
28. Alabama is the only SEC team in the top five of ESPN’s power rankings. Three other SEC teams are inside the top 10.