1. Not a down has been played but this is already considered the biggest game in the history of Kyle Field.
2. Dennis Dodd: “Alabama-Texas A&M has become a living, breathing example of why (Mike) Slive’s model works best — for the SEC, first and foremost.”
3. Paul Finebaum on Johnny Manziel: ”I think the nation will be pulling for Johnny Manziel…He is the reason why the ratings…will be a record number.” More Finebaum: “A&M will never be irrevelant again, but ‘Will Texas stop being irrevelant?”
4. Suspended for the first half, the Texas A&M-Rice game shows how Johnny Manziel moves the TV needle.
5. Today’s game is an early opportunity for both Manziel and AJ McCarron to state their credential to the Heisman voters.
6. Manziel’s scheduled interview with ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit did not take place.
7. What would a victory for A&M mean? “Alabama is the sport’s measuring stick.”
8. Even though Alabama lost last year, it did a lot right in the game’s final 45 minutes.
9. From suspensions to media investigations, both of these teams have dealt with plenty of off-field distractions.
10. What do Alabama fans think of College Station? It’s the anti-LSU.