1. Opportunity for this Florida team to begin to eliminate the bitter taste of last season’s Sugar Bowl.
2. What a difference a year has made for Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel.
Rice at Texas A&M
3. With a suspended Johnny Manziel out for the first half, can a Rice team that ended last season with a five-game winning streak give the Aggies a challenge?
4. Temperatures today at College Station are expected to reach 101 degreees.
5. Today’s game may be against Rice, but the focus for many Aggie fans is already Alabama. ”Texas A&M’s countdown to the Alabama game officially starts at noon Saturday.”
Mississippi State vs Oklahoma State (Houston)
6. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is 4-0 in season openers but this is the first time he’s opened against a BCS opponent.
7. With three news starters in the secondary, the Bulldogs defense has its work cut out for it.
UL-Lafayette at Arkansas
8. As Arkansas opens the Bret Bielema era, here are 11 questions facing the Razorbacks.
9. Bielema: ”I think we have a great chance (today) of going out and showing people what they’ve been waiting to see.”
Virginia Tech at Alabama
10. This is the fourth time in six years that Alabama has opened the season with a high profile matchup at a neutral site.
11. Alabama is perfect in season openers under Nick Saban. Closest margin was 10 points – also against Virginia Tech.
Austin Peay at Tennessee
12. The Butch Jones era begins with all eyes on quarterback Justin Worley.
13. A Tennessee win would be its 800th in program history. Keep your eye on true freshman receiver Marquez North.
Washington State at Auburn
14. How often has Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said “new day” since he took over the Tigers program? Only about a thousand times or so.
15. Zero interceptions for Auburn cornerbacks last season. They’ll have plenty of opportunities against Mike Leach’s “Air Raid” offense. 94 percent of Washington State’s offense last season came through the air.
16. Washington State fans apparently enjoy their liquor.
Western Kentucky vs Kentucky (Nashville)
17. Coach Mark Stoops is the 12th coach to make his UK debut since Bear Bryant in 1946.
18. A big focus for Stoops since arriving on campus? Restoring confidence.
Murray State at Missouri
19. Welcome back Henry Josey. Tigers running back set to play in his first game since suffering a brutal knee injury against Texas in 2011.
20. Here’s something else the Tigers didn’t have last season – a healthy offensive line.
Georgia at Clemson
21. Never before has Georgia opened the season in a matchup featuring two top 10 teams. That all changes tonight in Death Valley.
22. Georgia was loose in practice this week. “Emotion is ceasing to be a factor.”
23. Georgia quarterback Aarron Murray and his Clemson counterpart Tajh Boyd have known each other for five years. Quarterback guru George Whitfield has watched them both progress to stardom.
TCU vs LSU (Arlington)
24. Third time that LSU has played at Jerry’s World. Tigers have won last 10 season openers including eight in a row under Les Miles.
25. Lots of new things with this Tigers team. New offensive coordinator and plenty of new faces on defense for LSU - including four true freshmen who could see playing time tonight.
26. Will he or won’t he? Will LSU running back Jeremy Hill see the field tonight?