I hope the Dawgs can pound the rock and keep Boyd and Company on the sideline. Barnhart made a good point last night that reducing Clemson's number of possessions by just one or two could prove the difference (still hard to believe Clemson had 100 snaps against LSU!). Can't wait for this one, sic 'em.
1. How have SEC teams fared in recent openers? Here’s a lengthy look.
2. Stat geeks, take a gander at this examination of the SEC’s fastest and slowest offenses.
3. Auburn expects a go-to receiver to emerge.
4. Gus Malzahn’s D-line will feature a rotation of players to help ease his new defensive tackles into action.
5. Alabama’s O-lineman Arie Kouandjio is back from multiple knee injuries and ready for action.
6. After a close call last winter, Bret Bielema is glad Arkansas is changing out its private planes.
7. Bielema on Hog running back Jonathan Williams: “You’re our guy, we’re on your back.”
8. For LSU, folks are wondering if the TCU game is on the line late, “will it be (Cam) Cameron’s game to call, or will it be (Les) Miles calling the shots?”
9. Tiger freshman Rashard Robinson has finally been academically cleared to play.
10. Mississippi State’s defense feels ready for Oklahoma State’s two-quarterback attack.
11. MSU is quickly becoming the Oregon of the SEC, breaking out yet another new helmet for Saturday’s game.
12. Oh, great. A new book claims that Texas A&M receiver Ricky Seals-Jones got offers of major cash from several big-time programs (but not A&M).
13. Georgia defenders are getting ready to log a lot of snaps against Clemson.
14. Mark Richt and Dabo Swinney look back upon — with completely different feelings – the decisions by running backs Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley to attend UGA instead of Clemson.
15. Could Will Muschamp fall victim to Florida’s “third-year jinx?”
16. The man who barks at dogs — Gator linebacker Antonio Morrison — has issued a public apology for his offseason behavior. (And he actually did a really good job of it.)
17. This writer — one of the SEC’s best — believes that Kentucky made the right hire in Mark Stoops even if Bobby Petrino’s Western Kentucky team routs the Cats on Saturday.
18. UK’s new Air Raid offense won’t totally abandon the run game.
19. It won’t be a sell-out, but 90,000+ Tennessee fans have bought tickets for Saturday’s Austin Peay game, the first contest of the Butch Jones era.
20. The Vols’ offensive line is expected to provide “the core and the mentality” of UT’s team.
North Carolina at South Carolina
21. Can South Carolina’s defense slow North Carolina’s up-tempo offense?
22. USC versus UNC: by the numbers.
23. Carolina (the Northern one) hopes to make Jadeveon Clowney uncomfortable in order to take him off his game.
24. Here’s a quick Q&A with a Carolina (North) beatwriter for Carolina (South) fans.
25. A columnist with an unfortunate surname says the Tar Heels are hoping to steal the spotlight from the Gamecocks.
Ole Miss at Vanderbilt
26. Breaking down the Rebels versus the Commodores.
27. Ole Miss’ Nkemdiche brothers are ready to rock.
28. The Rebels have prepared “a little more for some quarterback runs” from Vandy.
29. James Franklin says he’d open every year in front of ESPN’s Thursday night cameras if he could.
30. Tampa Bay Rays pitcher David Price warmed up in a Vandy football uniform before last night’s baseball game.
31. A lot of folks aren’t happy with the NCAA for letting Johnny Manziel off the hook.
32. A&M’s quarterback “gets NCAA wristslap.”
33. With no evidence, this writer says the NCAA had no choice but to let Manziel walk.
34. An Oklahoma car dealer pokes a little fun at the Aggies’ quarterback in a new ad.
35. This writer says the NCAA was better off letting Manziel play than enforcing the letter of its law.
And One To Grow On…
36. This columnist believes Lane Kiffin never should have left Tennessee.