The best names list is great stuff, thanks. Definitely agree with their #1 choice (though I'd move Munchie up the list).
1. SEC coaches name their preseason all-conference team. Georgia’s Aaron Murray is first-team quarterback, Johnny Manziel second-team and AJ McCarron makes the third-team squad.
2. With kicker Marshall Morgan possibly suspended for the opener against Clemson, Georgia coach Mark Richt won’t discuss who kicked in Wednesday’s scrimmage. ”I can’t tell you. Secret stuff.”
3. Attorney for suspended Vanderbilt wide receiver Chris Boyd: “The DA’s office has been fair and truthful with us throughout its dealings in this case.”
4. What was suspected was made official Wednesday at Vanderbilt. Quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels named the starter.
5. Ole Miss senior receiver Korvic Neal out a month after having knee surgery.
6. New York Times: “The legend of Jadeveon Clowney includes a chapter not often told, of the father who spent nearly 12 years in prison for robbery, and of the son who embraced him upon release.”
7. Columnist argues for a longer suspension for Alabama cornerback Geno Smith.
8. Alabama senior right guard Anthony Steen on the Crimson Tide offensive line: “I wish our chemistry was a little more tight with each other.”
9. Nickname for Texas A&M strength and conditioning coordinator Larry Jackson? Black Death.
10. Linebacker Lamin Barrow is “the clear-cut heart-and-soul of the LSU defense.”
11. The word for Mississippi State’s offensive line is experience. Line returns a combined 94 starts from a year ago.
12. Ole Miss has two starting fifth-year senior offensive tackles. With quarterback Bo Wallace coming off shoulder surgery, the spotlight will be on them.
14. Is Georgia’s Arthur Lynch the best tight end in the conference?
15. Missouri’s Ernest Payton has moved from safety to cornerback. He two inches taller and 15 pounds heavier than any other corner in the Tigers’ three-deep
16. Kentucky’s pass defense was worst in the nation last year on third down allowing completions 72.5 percent of the time.
17. At Auburn, preparation is underway for Washington State. ”It’s just good to be able to focus on one thing,” Auburn defensive tackle Angelo Blackson said. “Our minds were all over the place during camp.”
18. Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner on coaching younger players: ”For some of the, maybe, highly-recruited guys, that, you know, have a very, very high opinion of themselves…it’s been difficult.”
19. Reading between the lines on the SEC 2014 schedule: “If Mike Slive and Co. were planning to scrap the cross-division rivalries…wouldn’t they have just paired up newcomers Missouri and Texas A&M and called it a day?”
20. Advantage to moving the Kentucky-Louisville game to the season finale? ”Whichever university loses the game will not have to wait long for a chance at redemption, because basketballs will already be bouncing.”
21. After missing two weeks with a sprained foot, South Carolina defensive end Chaz Sutton returned to practice Wednesday.
22. Alabama defensive lineman Dakota Ball practiced for the first time in two weeks after undergoing an appendectomy.
23. Less fighting in Florida’s camp this year. “It happens. It’s part of it. But it really hasn’t been an issue this camp.” Offensive coordinator Brent Pease likes having former safety Valdez Showers on his side of the ball now.
24. Concern at Georgia – valuable practice time has been lost has been lost in the secondary.
25. Tennessee linebacker Curt Maggitt slowly recovering from torn ACL – not expected to be ready for the opener.
26. Second-year coaches who could make the leap and why Sports Illustrated left Georgia out of its top 10.
27. What about a bowl game for Charleston, South Carolina? The Shrimp and Grits bowl?
28. An incoming Rutgers transfer lost both his father and his brother – but the NCAA denies Kerwin Okoro’s hardship waiver request.
29. The 25 best names in college football.
30. Hall of Famer Lem Barney said of football: “The game is becoming more deadly today.” Writer responds: “Football…has grown dramatically, and demonstrably, safer since Barney retired.”
31. ESPN is televising 26 high school football games this year. Should it?
32. Hungry? How about lunch at the ESPN cafeteria?