1. ESPN reports Johnny Manziel had two other autograph signing sessions in Florida and Houston. That makes more than 4,400 signings in six sessions, per ESPN.
2. Texas A&M co-offensive coordinator Jake Spavital says Manziel “has a chip on his shoulder” and is working to improve on the field.
3. Auburn beat writers Joel A. Erickson and Brandon Marcello discuss Kiehl Frazier’s move to the secondary.
4. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron is working to help the Crimson Tide’s younger quarterbacks improve.
5. Luke Charpentier has done a “great job” working as Travis Swanson’s backup at center, according to Arkansas coach Bret Bielema.
6. Anthony Jennings has “a leg up” on Stephen Rivers for the backup quarterback position at LSU.
7. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis expects the Tigers to be just fine in the secondary.
8. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on the NCAA possibly digging into his program: “I’m confident in the way that we go about things.”
9. Mississippi State running backs coach Greg Knox and running back Derrick Milton spoke to the media on Monday.
10. Florida coach Will Muschamp has concern about the running back position with Matt Jones still missing time due to a viral infection.
11. Georgia running back Todd Gurley is growing as a leader after a strong freshman season on the field.
12. Dyshawn Mobley is healthy and hoping to work his way back into Kentucky’s running back mix.
13. Kentucky cornerback Nate Willis was cleared and will play for the Wildcats this season.
14. Chaz Sutton is fine being the “other defensive end” at South Carolina opposite Jadeveon Clowney.
15. Tennessee is scrambling at cornerback due to the injury of Riyahd Jones.
16. The four former Vanderbilt football players facing rape charges will be in court on Aug. 21.
17. Vanderbilt left tackle Wesley Johnson has a chance to break the school’s record for career starts.
18. Missouri hopes a healthier defense will lead to better results on the field this season.
19. Five prognosticators found two scenarios for Auburn’s record this season: 6-6 or 5-7.
20. Georgia LB Jordan Jenkins is poised to break out this season, according to Athlon Sports. See who else might have a big year.
21. Alabama moved its offensive line around during Monday’s evening practice session.
22. Auburn safety Demetruce McNeal was back at practice on Monday night.
23. Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche discussed the Rebels’ defense after Monday’s practice.
24. Florida cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy will see time on offense at practice later this week.
25. Georgia is mixing up special teams responsibilities. Gurley and Malcolm Mitchell are likely to be involved.
26. Tennessee coach Butch Jones introduced a basketball-like weave passing drill at Monday’s practice.
27. Linebacker Kentrell Brothers has moved into a starting position at linebacker for Missouri.
28. Gil Brandt ranks the top 100 seniors in the nation. Texas A&M left tackle Jake Matthews is No. 1.
29. UCLA DT Eddie Vanderdoes spoke about the appeals process to be released from his letter of intent to Notre Dame.