1. Just minutes ago, the top-ranked offensive guard prospect in the country made his decision. Jackson, Mississippi star Roderick Taylor says he’ll attend Ole Miss. The Rebels already has commitments from two of Taylor’s teammates, Ronald Walker and Dayall Harris. Taylor is the Rebels 18th commitment in the class of 2014. He chose Ole Miss over Alabama.
2. Three finalists for highly touted quarterback Brandon Harris and two of the choices are in the SEC: Auburn, LSU and Ohio State. Harris is expected to make his announcement on July 18th.
3. 19 commitments now for the University of Kentucky now that McKinney, Texas wide receiver T.V. Williams has picked the Wildcats. Williams picked UK over Nebraska, Iowa, Houston and Oregon State.
4. Bo Scarborough is a five-star player committed to Alabama. He’s visiting Florida later this month.
5. When Blue Springs, Missouri tight end Kendall Blanton committed to Mizzou in March, he was listed at 6 feet 5 and 225 pounds. He’s now up to 6 feet 7 and 240 pounds.
6. Memphis forward Marcanvis Hymon has committed to Ole Miss. He chose the Rebels over Tennessee. He’s the first member of the Ole Miss class of 2014.