1. Will Florida coach Will Muschamp live to regret his words? He “will get bludgeoned with ’100 percent responsible’ every time one of his players gets arrested.”
2. Would that famous Jadeveon Clowney hit draw an ejection this year?
3. The SEC may be Southern football, but the majority of coaches are from the Midwest.
4. A good idea gone bad. The increasingly irrrelevant watch lists in college football.
5. Consensus outlook for South Carolina is a 10-2 season. MrSEC’s Josh Ward is among those in agreement.
6. But for Georgia, range is for everything from 9-3 to an undefeated season.
7. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron on the Texas A&M game: “The fact we’re playing in College Station is going to be awesome.”
8. More rumors and responses to Johnny Manziel’s weekend at the Manning Passing Academy. Manziel just a 20-year old kid? “I’m tired of that excuse.”
9. Auburn has to figure out which quarterback can best handle Wildcat duties. Not easy to do when you don’t want to expose the QBs to live tackling in practice.
10. Player dismissals and the “hangover effect” at Vanderbilt.
11. A gold helmet for Mississippi State?
12. Tennessee’s first practice is August 2.
The ESPN Spin Machine
13. When Bristol calls, media outlets rush to tell these “news” stories. E.g. Nick Saban, Gus Malzahn, Dan Mullen, Les Miles, Hugh Freeze. And here’s James Franklin with Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.
14. Body of former Auburn basketball player Korvotney Barber discovered in Panama City Beach, Florida. ” Believed” to have drowned Saturday night. Former teammates remember.
16. The Royal Baby scouting report - SEC bound?