1. Former NFL scout ranks the top 50 most talented players in college football. Eight of them are from Alabama. No. 1 – Jadeveon Clowney. Is he the best prospect ever?
2. Alabama with the best linebackers in the SEC – Auburn with the worst?
3. If fewer plays make college football safer, why not just play fewer games?
4. Twelve seconds between snaps? Not fast enough for Ole Miss.
5. Think you could run 52 110-yard sprints? Tennessee players did one June night.
6. Georgia coach Mark Richt on quarterback Aaron Murray’s off-field habits. ”He’ll spoil you.”
7. Aaron Murray on Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall: “(He) can throw a football farther than anyone I’ve ever seen in my life.”
8. One man’s rank of the top 10 quarterbacks in the SEC. AJ McCarron tops Johnny Manziel for the top spot. McCarron, Manziel and Murray are the three standout quarterbacks in the conference.
9. SEC quarterbacks a familiar theme on this Sunday. ”This year, the SEC’s starpower at the game’s most scrutinized position appears unrivaled.”
10. Mark Stoops says no timetable for a starting quarterback at Kentucky but offensive coordinator Neal Brown would like to have a starter midway through fall camp.
11. On the road to the SEC Championship, these are the key games to watch.
12. Ejected for an illegal hit in Auburn’s spring game, cornerback Jonathon Mincy calls it a “humbling learning experience.”
13. Arkansas players get the chance to see their new football facility for the first time. When the Razorbacks start fall practice, two former walk-ons will be on scholarship.
14. Missouri running back Henry Josey is healthy and back at the top of the Tigers depth chart.
15. How seriously did the NCAA take the issue of concussions? Internal emails raise questions.
16. A class-action lawsuit on concussions “could cost the NCAA millions, and possibly billions.”
17. NCAA Attorney: “At least 96 percent of NCAA male and female student-athletes” who don’t play football or men’s basketball threatened by O’Bannon lawsuit.
18. Former Tennessee guard Trae Golden transferring to Georgia Tech - will petition NCAA to play immediately.
19. What does Adolph Rupp’s son think about the possible renaming of Kentucky’s basketball arena?
20. Stats guru Nate Silver jumping to ESPN from the New York Times. Not surprisingly, the numbers say it’s a good decision.