1. Defending Johnny Manziel – “the grim moralizers have no right to dictate who he is or what he should act like…”
2. AJ McCarron is “the antithesis of the antihero from Texas A&M, reigning Heisman Trophy winner and infamous oversleeper Johnny Manziel.”
5. Georgia writer and Clemson grad says the Bulldogs lose to Clemson – and then win every other game on the schedule.
6. As one of only four returning starters on Georgia’s defense, Garrison Smith will anchor the Bulldogs defensive line.
7. When it comes to setting the standard, everyone wants to emulate the Alabama model.
8. The great unknown at Tennessee. Who will be the starting quarterback?
9. The new look at Kentucky?
10. Auburn center Reese Dismukes “has the talent to be one of the league’s top centers and a possible NFL prospect.”
11. Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee on the debate over tempo: “We all play within the rules. I know this: There’s not a lot of 15-play drives…”
12. Auburn would like to name its starting quarterback by the middle of fall camp.
13. Ole Miss has sold nearly 40,000 season tickets.
14. Missouri had the fewest All-SEC selections from the media this week than any team in the conference.
15. Vanderbilt AD David Williams on linebacker Chase Garnham’s decision to join the lawsuit against the NCAA: “We support Chase’s right to join and will not interfere with his right in any way.”
16. With EA Sports and the NCAA parting company, what does that mean for the future of the video game?
17. Another NCAA lawsuit brewing? Organization could face a class-action over concussions. NFL currently battling a similar case.
18. Former Kentucky player Kyle Wiltjer makes it official: “I’m choosing to transfer to Gonzaga because I feel they have a proven plan in place to help develop players similar to me, which has seen great results.”
19. John Clay on the hypocrisy in college sports – and the vastly different approaches taken under two different Florida basketball coaches.