1. Official launch date announced for new SEC network - August 21, 2014.
3. LSU plays Florida and Georgia from the East. Alabama plays Tennessee and Kentucky. ”That’s the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it.”
4. Did Kentucky coach Mark Stoops diss the Georgia Bulldogs? “On our side of the division, certainly you have to look at Florida and South Carolina.”
5. What’s the status of three A&M players arrested this offseason? Coach Kevin Sumlin says decision will be made at ”an appropriate time.”
6. Johnny Manziel may be ready to leave College Station. Not so lineman Jake Matthews. “ I just love the atmosphere and the feeling of College Station..”
8. Jadeveon Clowney wins an ESPY for his hit on Michigan’s Vincent Smith in the Outback Bowl.
9. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray doesn’t fear Clowney – but he does respect him.
10. When asked about defensive ends, two Tennessee linemen both mention Florida’s Ronald Powell.
11. In defense of Missouri quarterback James Franklin: “He shouldn’t be a divisive figure or a target but a rallying point…”
12. Bernie Miklasz on Dorial Green-Beckham and Missouri’s depth chart: ”I’m more concerned about the real games, not the depth-chart games.”
13. It’s no secret that Arkansas coach Bret Bielema wants players out of Texas. ”There are a lot of good players in Texas, and if certain schools in the state aren’t doing that great, it opens up an avenue for us to get into.”
14. Bielema on the team’s new football center: “I’m not saying we’re going to be the top in the country, but we’re definitely in the upper division now…”
15. JUCO-transfer defensive tackle Lavon Hooks looks to make an immediate impact at Ole Miss.
16. What’s it like to work at the Alabama student paper? “Football is everything…Teachers, students, administrators, everybody is tuned into the football team.” Want proof?
17. Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin getting a $50,000 raise.
18. Former Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow granted immediate eligibility at Georgia State
19. With the departures of Trevor Lacey and Devonta Pollard, Alabama down to nine scholarship players.