1. “There’s no way to dress this up: Alabama’s schedule is awful…It couldn’t be set up better for a return trip to the BCS National Championship Game.”
2. About Oregon’s NCAA punishment. “It may be left to Alabama to punish the Ducks in the final BCS Championship Game.”
3. Jeff Schultz is bullish on Georgia: ”I can foresee a scenario where the Bulldogs lose their season opener at Clemson and win every other game.”
4. A breakdown of the entire Tennessee roster. How each player was ranked by recruiting services.
5. Vanderbilt offensive line coach Herb Hand is a finalist for a series on the Food Network.
6. South Carolina wide receiver Damiere Bird: “Is this the year he puts it all together and becomes a more consistent, every-down receiver?”
7. Is sophomore defensive end Channing Ward looking at a mid-career redshirt season at Ole Miss?
8. Is wide receiver the weakest position at Mississippi State?
9. Stewart Mandel on Johnny Manziel: “I’d be willing to bet that plenty of other former Heisman winners would have gotten themselves into hot water had Twitter existed during their day.”
10. NBA draft tonight. Just two former SEC players projected to go in first round.
11. Jay Bilas on Kentucky’s Archie Goodwin: ”I’ve got him slated as top of the second round. He’s talented enough to be a first-round pick.”
12. Nerlens Noel on his recovery from knee surgery and when you could see him on an NBA court: ”I’m on accelerated rehab, so hopefully around October, November.”
13. Kentucky coach John Calipari on the player Cleveland may – or may not – take with the first overall pick. ”If you want to pass on him because someone help win faster, go ahead. But just realize the potential and drive that you’re missing.”
14. Florida’s Erik Murphy projected as a second-round pick. Hoping to become the 35th player in UF history drafted.
15. Arkansas coach Mike Anderson on guard B.J. Young: “There is tremendous interest in B.J. and his potential.”
17. Complete SEC draft history - from 1949 through 2012.
18. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy on the NCAA reprimand given to guard Marshall Henderson: “Marshall has accepted responsibility for his actions, and we are moving forward.”
19. A crowded backcourt at Tennessee. Time for a four-guard offense?
20. Mike DeCourcy on the trend toward redesigned basketball courts. “What’s on the middle of the court at Duke? At Kentucky? At Louisville? Can anyone picture it?” MrSEC covered some of this ground on Monday.
21. Be prepared to hear the phrase “taken out of context” from attorneys representing Aaron Hernandez. A connection to a Boston double-homicide?
22. Police have made a second arrest in connection with the murder of Odin Lloyd.
23. Las Vegas and the Aaron Hernandez effect.
24. On July 1, the Big East officially returns to its basketball-first ways.
25. Kirk Herbstreit isn’t going anywhere. Signs ESPN extension through 2022.