2. Two Missouri freshman players treated and released with minor injuries following a car accident in which they were passengers. Tackle Chris Freeman has left the team for personal reasons.
3. Auburn assistant Scott Fountain on H-Back Jay Prosch: “Since I’ve been in coach Malzahn’s offense for four or five years, he’s the best I’ve seen in the system.”
4. Danny Sheridan has Alabama as his favorite to win another national title but he does have a question for Nick Saban: ”Why don’t you ever play two quarterbacks?’
5. What about the Alabama schedule? The toughest part of the season comes in November.
6. One take on Tennessee’s prospects: “Back-to-back September visits to Oregon and Florida will be an early reminder how far the Vols have fallen since their last SEC East title in 2007.”
7. David Climer on Tennessee: “More and more, we are finding that Dooley fixated on the minutia of his job while failing to grasp the big picture.”
8. John Adams: What’s next? An advertising campaign promoting UT as “The Vanderbilt of East Tennessee”?
10. Meet Les Miles and his family. ”Father’s Day is a joy at our house.”
11. First Toomer’s Oaks at Auburn and now Howard’s Rock at Clemson. When will this college football crime spree end?
12. Alabama fraternity gave up property to the University. Now the Alabama athletic department is helping to pay for a new fraternity house.
13. Ed O’Bannon lawsuit could be headed to a trial by next year at this time.
14. Lousville as a preseason No. 1?
15. Preseason basketball scrimmage costs an Old Dominion guard an entire season.
16. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings blocked Sheldon Jeter from transferring to just one school - Pitt. He can still attend Pitt – but would have to pay his own way for a year.
17. Missouri coach Frank Haith meets with the NCAA Committee on Infractions – timeframe on report release could be anywhere from six weeks to four months.
18. Tennessee’s Derek Reese will play on Puerto Rico’s national team.
19. Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua will coach the Dominican Republic national team. John Calipari stepped down from the role last year.
20. Bring back the jump ball. One man’s five-step plan to rescue college basketball includes eliminating the alternate possession rule.
21. A parking spot a block from AT&T Park in San Francisco sells for $82,000.
22. ESPN’s Bill Simmons not happy with ESPN.
23. Bonnie and Clyde at 33,000 feet. “So, what do I wear to a hijacking?”
24. The rapper from Antioch, Tennessee who loved Waffle House too much.