1. What stands out on the Tennesse roster? ”Lack of experience. Only 15 players have started more than 10 games…”
2. Budget for football at Kentucky will increase more than $3 million in the coming year. Big chunk is increased coaching salaries.
3. What’s the word on Ole Miss freshman running back Kailo Moore? ”Blindingly fast.”
4. What’s the biggest challenge facing first-year Arkansas coach Bret Bielema? The schedule.
5. Florida quartertback Jeff Driskel surprised to get selected in the MLB draft: “Did not see that coming.”
6. Florida-Georgia on November 2 - “might as well be circled in blood this season.”
7. Kevin Scarbinsky on the Alabama-Auburn rivalry: “In short, for the Tide, the Tigers are a means to an end. For the Tigers, the Tide is the be-all and end-all.”
8. Matt Hayes at The Sporting News says Gus Malzahn one of three coaches who will win immediately in his new job.
9. Looking like the race for quarterback at Auburn is down to four candidates: ”Jason Smith from McGill-Toolen is likely headed to prep school.”
11. Any takers? At just one dollar under a million - a ticket for Alabama/Texas A&M.
11. Incoming Florida freshman Chris Walker still has work to do to be eligible for this coming season.
12. That was quick. Jerome Seagears transferred from Rutgers to Auburn this summer. Now he’s told coaches he’s leaving to be closer to his family in Maryland.
13. Missouri assistant coach Rick Carter is leaving, reportedly headed to Xavier. Former Missouri coach Quin Snyder joining the staff of the Atlanta Hawks.
14. “The longest-tenured power conference coaches without an NCAA round of 16 appearance are Mississippi’s Andy Kennedy and Arizona State’s Herb Sendek.”
15, Tennessee’s Jeronne Maymon on sitting out last season with a knee injury. ”You see things differently. Things you don’t see while you’re out there playing, you see.”
16. John Calipari’s advice to young players: “What you should be spending 90 percent of your time on is getting their feel for the ball, bouncing it with their head up…”
17. Goodbye domes prior to college basketball’s Final Four?
18. There are 18 Division I teams banned from postseason.
19. One day after his father said he’d prefer Southern Cal, five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas will end playing at Florida State after all.
20. Former Syracuse basketball assistant coach Bernie Fine reportedly suing ESPN for $11 million.
21. Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany signs an extension that will keep him around through June of 2018.
22. Interested in a college basketball fantasy camp in Las Vegas? It will set you back $7,500.
23. Marcus Lattimore paid $20,000 to record two ads for the lottery in South Carolina.
24. If they do this for a victory, what would San Antonio Spurs fan do if they win the series?
25. Major League Baseball opening in Sydney, Australia next year?