1. Depending on the recruiting source, Tennessee either has the No. 1 or No. 2 recruiting class in the country. The Vols now have 14 commitments in the class of 2014. The latest verbal commitment – defensive end Joe Henderson from Shaker Heights, Ohio.
2. With the commitment of three-star offensive tackle Paul Adams from Nashville, three of Missouri’s ten commits are from the state of Tennessee.
3. Kentucky’s ninth commitment in the class of 2014 is Stone Mountain, Ga defensive back Jared Tucker. Tucker’s other SEC offers included Tennessee, Florida and South Carolina.
4. Tampa linebacker Vincent Jackson has cut his list to 12 schools. Six of them are in the SEC - Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.
5. Here are the linebacker candidates Alabama is targeting in the class of 2014.
6. Auburn is targeting these quarterbacks in next year’s class.
7. Alabama associate A.D. Thad Turnipseed is headed to Clemson to become Dabo Swinney’s director of recruiting operations.
8. Former Georgia commit Demarre Kitt says he now intends to sign with Clemson. The wide receiver picked Clemson over his finalists of Tennessee, Ohio State and Florida State.
9. Running back Nick Chubb of Cedartown, Ga. is reportedly deciding among Auburn, Georgia and South Carolina.
11. Linebacker Traver Jung from Greeneville, Ms. is headed the JUCO route after his ACT score kept him from qualifying. Headed to Holmes Community College, he’s drawing interested from Arkansas, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
12. Could center Jahlil Okafor and guard Tyus Jones - both 2014 prospects interested in Kentucky – go to the same school? “Would go down as one of the best package deals in recent memory.”