1. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops continues his success in the state of Ohio. Liberty Township offensive lineman Jarrett LaRubbio became the sixth recruit in the Buckeye State to commit to UK this offseason on Saturday. According to Rivals, Kentucky now has five of the top 35 prospects in the state of Ohio. LaRubbio chose Kentucky over North Carolina State.
2. Opelika, Alabama tight end Jakell Mitchell is now an Auburn commit. Why Auburn? ”The thing that stood out to me the most was the offense. It fits me the best, there’s great coaches and the academics.” Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Wisconsin, Kentucky and North Carolina were all reportedly interested in Mitchell.
3. Mitchell isn’t the only Auburn commitment on Big Cat weekend. Four-star cornerback Nick Ruffin also says he wants to play for the Tigers but he says he still intends to make an official visit to Georgia. ”My decision is final. I don’t plan on going back on it. My word is my bond, and I don’t plan on changing that.”
4. Other prominent prospects visiting Auburn this weekend include defensive tackle Elisha Shaw from Atlanta (who lists Alabama and Georgia in the lead) and McDonough, Ga defensive end Andrew Williams.
5. Devin Booker is the son of former Missouri guard Melvin Booker. He’s drawing plenty of attention from the Tigers and several other schools. ”Every school that’s recruiting has offered me so far. That includes Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Duke and North Carolina.” Booker says he’s not sure when his recruiting process will end – “just taking it slow and enjoying it right now.”