1. SEC athletic directors are meeting Jacksonville. Reports indicate no discussion of nine-game conference schedule for 2014.
2. LSU running back Jeremy Hill faces new probation restrictions - including a curfew.
3. Jeff Duncan: “Miles needs to make a statement here and a strong one.” The MrSEC take from last week.
4. Georgia led the country with 10 early enrollees coming from high school this spring. Counting JUCO and prep schools, Bulldogs had 13 early enrollees.
5. Recent history shows it tough for wide receivers to make an impact as freshman at Florida.
6. Auburn freshman quarterbacks Jeremy Johnson and Jason Smith are expected on campus next week. Status of arrival date for JUCO transfer Nick Marshall still uncertain.
7. Coming out of spring practice, how does Auburn look at defensive tackle? With other SEC schools expanding stadiums, Jordan-Hare isn’t shrinking – it just feels that way.
8. Tennessee coach Butch Jones estimates he does three times the speaking engagements he did at Cincinnati.
10. Andy Staples of SI has his post-spring Top 25. Six of the top 13 teams are in the SEC, seven of the top 25. Alabama No. 1, Texas A&M No. 2.
11. Alabama today or Nebraska of the 1990′s? Former Cornhusker Tommy Frazier weighs in.
12. The SEC Network doesn’t change the recruiting philosophy at Alabama. Nick Saban: “We have a standard for what type of player we are looking for.”
13. New documentary film focuses on former Arkansas quarterback Mitch Mustain.
14. Trae Golden’s departure from Tennessee wasn’t his decision. He was reportedly forced to leave school over “repeated plagiarism.”
15. Cuonzo Martin on whether the Vols will add a point guard to their signing class. “We have some pretty good leads and we’ll see.”
16. NCAA meeting on possible rule changes to basketball. Don’t expect a shorter shot clock.
18. In addition to Mississippi State and South Florida, former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench also considering North Carolina State.
19. “NCAA rules aren’t going to stop money from changing hands when there is this much value being discussed.”
20. Does a Sugar Bowl win over Florida make Louisville overrated?