1. Former Tennessee defensive end and coach Chuck Smith has been working with Auburn linemen in order to help revive the Tigers pass rush.
2. The biggest surprise on Auburn’s post-spring depth chart? Slot receiver.
3. Biggest question at Arkansas this fall? Backup quarterback.
4. Nick Saban on being inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame: “In the future, I’m going to be more committed in order to justify the honor you’ve given to me tonight.”
5. Clemson AD Dan Radakovich on what he learned from Saban at LSU. ”With all the distractions around him, Nick stays focused on the things that are important for him and his program.”
6. Young LSU fans get to camp out at Tiger Stadium.
7. The SEC and the NFL draft – uptick can be explained by Alabama and LSU. “They have been pipelining athletes to the NFL far beyond what they’ve ever been able to do previously.”
8. South Carolina an 8.5 point favorite in the opener against North Carolina, Mississippi State a 6.5 point underdog vs Oklahoma State. Spreads for Week 1 are out.
9. In Michael Adams’ 16 years as president of the university, athletic department revenues at Georgia have climbed from $25.7 million to $92.1 milion. Barbara Dooley still upset how her husband was treated: “In my opinion, he has never said anything positive about Vince Dooley’s ability as the athletic director…I take personal offense to that.”
10. Mike Bianchi on linebacker Matthew Thomas who wants out of his commitment to Florida State and reportedly transfer to Georgia or Southern Cal. “What sort of life lesson is Thomas learning if his first exposure to the adult world is the message that it’s OK to break promises and walk out on commitments?”
11. Alabama reportedly agreeing to a series with UCLA.
12. When Andrew Wiggins announced he was going to Kansas, fans started melting down on Twitter. ”In 140 characters or less, they hoped he’d tear ACLs, be consumed by fire or die in a plane crash.”
13. O.J. Simpson planning a college speaking tour after he gets out of prison.
14. Questions surrounding Seton Hall’s softball coach -”Is this a coach out of control or overly sensitive players and parents?”