1. Gator Bowl close to finalizing TV contract with ESPN. Wants to maintain SEC affiliation as “anchor team” with opponents coming from multiple conferences.
2. Former Ole Miss quarterback Tom Luke joining Hugh Freeze’s staff as director of player development. Mel Kiper on Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace: “Wallace can play.”
3. Can Brandon Allen handle the starting quarterback job at Arkansas? ”Hard to say.”
4. Athlon Sports previews LSU. How many games will the Tigers win in 2013?
5. When LSU faces TCU, they won’t see Big 12 defense player of the year Devonte Fields – suspended for first two games of the year.
6. And while we’re on LSU, what about Mike the Tiger? ”There are only about 34 universities in the U.S. that have live mascots, and LSU is the only university in the U.S. with a live tiger living on campus.”
7. With Mike Gillislee and his 1,000 yards gone at Florida, it’s running back Matt Jones turn to step for the Gators. Joker Phillips - master of photoshop?
8. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on his cornerbacks: “I think at any position you need a little bit of depth and rotation in this league, so we don’t want two corners. We want four corners…”
9. Former Wyoming punter Tim Gleeson says he plans to enroll at Tennessee. Australian native averaged 43 yards a punt as a freshman in 2012.
10. Former Vols cornerback Daniel Gray headed to Utah State.
11. Inspired by Tennessee recruits, Kentucky recruits launch their own Twitter account.
12. Tony Barnhart: Five Things We Learned about the SEC this Spring.
13. Two Las Vegas sports books have Kentucky as the favorite to win it all next season. UK is 5-1, Florida is 15-1.
14. During yesterday’s news conference, where he discussed “chasing perfection,” Kentucky coach John Calipari also gave his take on all 13 players expected to be on his team next season.
15. LSU guard Malik Morgan has reportedly asked for his release after one season.
16. Former Rutgers point guard Jerome Seagears has officially transferred to Auburn. He’ll petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility.
17. Former Florida point guard Braxton Ogbueze has transferred to Charlotte.
18. Why is Notre Dame dropping Michigan from its football schedule? “The math is pretty simple for us.”
19. Andy Staples: “When the wealthiest schools inevitably form their own NCAA division, the schools of the ACC will be part of that group.”
20. Here’s the prelude to a fight involving a Colorado lineman: “According to the report, Lewis, who is 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds, estimated that he had six glasses of wine, 10 beers and six shots.”
21. In just over two weeks, a million hands of legal, online poker have been dealt in the United States.
22. The 19 best sports moments from “The Office.”