1. Auburn was “a lot better than a three-win team” last year, according to defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson.
2. Nick Saban is bringing out-of-states students to Alabama, which is helping generate millions of dollars.
3. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis is confident in his defense. “The thing we’ve got to do is build that depth.”
4. Joe Schad reports Tennessee is in the running for transfer QB Wes Lunt. UT should make a run at Lunt, writes Barrett Sallee.
5. From yesterday: Kansas coach Charlie Weis backed Bob Stoops’ recent criticism of the SEC.
6. Florida coach Will Muschamp is a popular man with fans following a successful season in 2012.
7. Georgia’s offensive line can be one of the greatest lines in school history, says lineman Chris Burnette.
8. Jacquese Kirk, who recently transferred from Vanderbilt, admitted to stabbing an ex-teammate in April.
9. Swingman DeVon Walker had a change of heart and will return to Florida for his sophomore season.
10. Star prospect Andrew Wiggins will announce his decision today at 12:15 ET. Kentucky is an underdog in the race.
11. Analysts from around the nation weighed in on Wiggins’ pending decision and his potential impact in college.
12. Auburn president Jay Gogue wrote a letter to fans following an evaluation of Auburn Athletics.
13. Southern Cal coach Lane Kiffin discussed the idea of one day coaching high school football.
14. Matt Hayes writes that Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher shouldn’t release Matthew Thomas without consequence.