1. The case of Georgia offensive lineman Kolton Houston is becoming a national story.
2. High expectations have arrived quickly at Texas A&M. Kevin Sumlin better be ready, writes Barrett Sallee.
3. Alabama’s current dynasty is the fourth best of the AP era, according to Braden Gall. Here are the top 25.
4. From Athlon Sports: Will LSU or Texas A&M finisher higher in the SEC West?
5. Tennessee’s recent hires show the importance of “familiarity and trust” for the program.
6. Georgia safety Tray Matthews is one of ten early enrollees to watch this fall.
7. Here’s an early projection for the upcoming SEC basketball season. (Andrew Wiggins’ decision pending)
SEC in the NFL
8. “The sky’s the limit” for Cam Newton with the Carolina Panthers, according to offensive coordinator coach Mike Shula.
9. Former Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker is trying to embrace a leadership role with the San Diego Chargers.
10. Former SEC players Sam Montgomery and D.J. Swearinger are reunited in Houston after playing together in high school.
11. Tyler Bray is happy to have a shot with Kansas City after making “a lot of mistakes” during his time at Tennessee.
12. What if there were an NFL team made up of former Alabama and LSU players? Let’s look.
13. Let this be a lesson to other young players: former NFL WR Titus Young was arrested for the third time in a week.