1. Auburn releases Selena Roberts interview request – calls it “gotcha, hide-the-ball journalism at its worst.”
2. Did former Auburn safety Mike McNeil get his grades altered to keep him eligible? He says yes – a source says no.
3. Verdict on Texas A&M’s Friday Night Lights scrimmage – defense more than held its own. Kevin Sumlin had a DJ spinning tunes from an 18-wheeler trailer.
4. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema changes his mind – opens today’s scrimmage to the public.
5. Georgia’s spring scrimmage game is an opportunity to get a look at a defense hit hard by graduation and early defections to the NFL.
6. Florida coach Will Muschamp likes where his offense is: “I think we’re much more efficient.”
7. Because Mississippi State returns so many experienced running backs, thousand-yard rusher LaDarius Perkins could actually get fewer carries this season.
8. First scrimmage of the spring this afternoon for Alabama at Bryant-Denny Stadium It will be a learning opportunity for the Crimson Tide’s seven early enrollees.
9. Former Alabama center Barrett Jones is the SEC’s male scholar-athlete of the year.
10. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson wants better tackling at the Tigers first scrimmage. ”The most disappointing and concerning thing right now is just our tackling.”
11. Second scrimmage of the year for Tennessee – defensive coordinator John Jancek is also focusing on tackling. “You can’t be a good defense and not be able to tackle.”
13. South Carolina assistant coach Shawn Elliott on his offensive line: “We have four returning starters and two other guys that have started at times that are going to be back.”
14. How the tight end position could become a key weapon at Kentucky this fall.
15. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on new cornerbacks coach Jason Jones: “He has the same core values that we have.”
16. Balanced attack a focus at Vanderbilt – offensive coordinator John Donovan wants a 50-50 split between passing and running.
17. NBA scout on incoming Florida guard Kasey Hill: ”Florida had a good season, but I felt like at times the guard play held them back. Kasey will help in that area.”
18. Louisville in the Final Four - “If there is such a thing as Big Blue Hell, this weekend is its fiery (red) apex.”
19. Most memorable moment in the history of the NCAA Tournament? Kentucky fans know what it is – and probably never want to see it again.
20. Three of the top-10 TV markets for the NCAA Tournament are in SEC country.