1. Georgia is not talking much about the season opener against Clemson - recent history suggests why.
2. Georgia lineman John Theus started every game at right tackle for the Bulldogs his freshman year. Experimenting at left tackle this spring.
3. Auburn offensive tackle Avery Young missed most of his freshman year with a torn labrum – paperwork submitted to get him a medical redshirt.
4. Tennessee safety Brian Randolph still recovering from ACL injury last season: ”I’m feeling about 80 percent. It’s not 100 percent yet. I’m getting there.”
5. Florida sophomore Matt Jones pulling away from the pack in the competition for the tailback position. Will Muschamp: “Yes, he’s playing very well.”
6. Gators defensive end Domique Easley making the move to defensive tackle. Muschamp: “Right now, if we had to start the season, Dominique would be inside.”
7. Same situation at Ole Miss – redshirt junior Kaleb Eulls making the transition from defensive end to defensive tackle.
8. Ole Miss coaches like the competition behind running back Jeff Scott. Co-offensive coordinator Dan Werner: All those guys better know that when they come in they better do something, because there’s somebody sitting right behind him who will.”
9. Kentucky’s offensive line getting used to a faster pace under new offensive coordinator Neal Brown. Redshirt freshman Jordan Swindle: “Every play is just so much faster.”
10. Everything has a fast pace at an Auburn practice under Gus Malzahn, including the kicking game.
11. Texas A&M kicker Taylor Bertolet missed two key field goals and an extra point against LSU last season. Has he lost confidence? ”Not at all.”
12. Saturday’s scrimmage could determine reps next week for Missouri’s top three quarterbacks. Gary Pinkel on James Franklin: Competing “at a different level”
13. Tyler Siskey was AJ McCarron’s offensive coordinator in high school - he’s now Alabama’s Associate Director for Player Personnel.
14. Senior right guard Anthony Steen is one of just two returning starters along Alabama’s offensive line. ”It’s going to be difficult along the way.”
15. Arkansas linebacker Myke Tavarres was fired up when he found out Randy Shannon was going to be his position coach “I was like, ‘Oh my God, Shannon! He coached Ray Lewis. Yes!” I was so excited.”
16. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on offensive line coach Sam Pittman: “He’s a premium recruiter.”
17. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says quarterback Connor Shaw, recovering from foot surgery, should be 100 percent by June.
18. Former Alabama players D.J. Fluker, Dee Milliner and Chance Warmack all expected to be in New York for the NFL draft day.
19. Here’s the next generation of household names in SEC football.
20. Guard Ricky Tarrant leaving Tulane- speculation that the Alabama native could be headed to the Crimson Tide.
21. Down to Missouri and Illinois for former Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby.
23. With six McDonald’s All-Americans coming next season, should Kentucky be preseason No. 1?
24. Louisville’s Kevin Ware, who broke his leg Sunday against Duke, has connections to both the Tennessee and Georgia programs.
25. Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin is one of the coaches for an All-Star game this weekend at the Georgia Dome. Former Missouri guard Keion Bell will participate in a slam-dunk contest.
26. Former Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer will help relaunch the football program at East Tennessee State – will serve as a consultant and special assistant to the A.D.
27. Basketball coach Mike Rice fired at Rutgers after controversial videos surfaced.
28. With Tubby Smith hired at Texas Tech, the Big 12 has a basketball coach at all 10 schools that have led a team to the NCAA Tournament.
29. Kenny Chesney stops by Jon Gruden’s QB camp.
30. “So why do fans care so much — whether pro or con — about Tebow’s religious affiliation?”