1. Nick Saban isn’t happy with where his team is following spring practice. But he wasn’t with his previous teams at this time, either.
2. Saban is now “as officially beloved in Alabama as Bear Bryant,” according Lars Anderson.
3. Auburn running back Tre Mason is back from injury and welcoming competition at his position.
4. Here’s more coverage of Auburn fans flocking to Toomer’s Corner during the weekend.
5. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema felt good watching Brandon Allen play quarterback with the first team on Saturday.
6. Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell is motivated by a disappointing finish in 2012.
7. Here’s a look at Mississippi State’s offense in the spring game. Video interviews are included.
8. Here’s a progress report for Florida’s linebackers. Antonio Morrison has been the big story at middle linebacker.
9. What would make Florida a contender in the fall? Robbie Andreu has five ideas for the Gators.
10. The AJC takes a look at Georgia versus its upcoming 2013 football schedule.
11. Basketball coach Mark Fox could be losing an assistant for the first time since he arrived at Georgia.
12. What do Tennessee’s quarterbacks need to work on this offseason? Everything, according to coach Butch Jones.
13. The offense clearly has work to do. But Tennessee’s defense looks better.
14. Video: Chris Low of ESPN talks to LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
15. More video: Watch Les Miles answer a reporter’s phone during Saturday’s press conference.
16. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel likes the competition at quarterback. Other SEC notes are included in the link.
17. From USA Today: The “overwhelming sense” is that a major change is on the horizon regarding big football schools and the NCAA.
18. Birmingham-area radio host Paul Finebaum is now free to negotiate with any station he chooses.
19. Former West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith “has to pay a black tax” as he prepares for the NFL draft, writes Jarrett Bell of USA Today.
20. There’s still tension between Arizona and the Pac-12 regarding former head of officials Ed Rush.
21. Todd McShay’s latest NFL mock draft has 14 SEC players being selected in the first round. (ESPN Insider)
22. Peter King of SI.com still believes former Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel will go No. 1 to Kansas City.