1. Alabama. Nick Saban’s assessment: I’m not disappointed in where we are right now…But I’m not satisfied with where we are either.”
2. Crimson Tide spring game attracts 78,315 fans – second smallest of the Saban era.
3. Arkansas. Coach Bret Bielema on quarterback Brandon Allen’s performance: ”He continues to impress us, continues to do some things very, very positive.”
5. Auburn. Did Kiehl Frazier or Jonathan Wallace separate himself Saturday? Gus Malzahn won’t say.
7. LSU. Tigers turn play-calling duties over to quarterbacks. Result? A pass-happy day in front of estimated crowd of 28,000.
9. Mississippi State. First team defense gets the win in front of announced crowd of 21,000.
10. Tight end Christian Holmes plays on both sides of the ball.
11. Missouri. Announced crowd of 18,384, watch Mizzou’s quarterback struggle. Offensive coordinator Josh Henson: “I didn’t think we were very sharp today.” But is James Franklin breaking from the pack?
12. Coming back from devastating knee injury, running back Henry Jose gets 13 yards on eight carries. Gary Pinkel: “He’ll be at his best in August.”
13. Tennessee. Second-highest spring game attendance in Vol history - 61,076 fans turn out.
15. Spring game attendance for all SEC schools compared to 2012.
17. What’s the benchmark for improvement at Kentucky? ”Four wins, which would double last season’s Kentucky victory total, seems a reasonable base line…”
18. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on D.T. Shackelford: “D.T. is everything you want in a student athlete.”
19. Former Alabama running back Trent Richardson on Nick Saban: ”He’s today’s Bear Bryant. It’s just not going to stop.”
20. Johnny Manziel returns home. Favorite question – ”How was Megan Fox?”
21. Pat Dooley ranks the SEC quarterbacks.
22. Now that we have agreement on a playoff in college football – who is going to pick the four teams?
23. Georgia prospects face questions over off-field behavior.
24. Debate over Marcus Lattimore - “contender or pretender”?
26. Tennessee forward Yemi Makanjuola is transferring.
27. Mike Rice fallout at Rutgers helps Missouri land a point guard.
28. Neil Diamond shows up unannounced at Boston’s Fenway Park Saturday – sings “Sweet Caroline.”
29. So what do Alabama fans really think about Katherine Webb?
30. Spring game at Western Kentucky. Bobby Petrino airs it out – throws the ball 69 times.
31. Sportscaster Al Michaels arrested and charged with DUI Friday night.
32. Big Ten likely moving to nine-game conference schedule in 2016.