1. What’s the status of Tennessee running back Marlin Lane? ”That’s up to Coach Jones.” Wide receiver injuries piling up for the Vols.
3. Former coach on running back Braylon Heard, who’s transferring from Nebraska to Kentucky. “He can change the game at the blink of an eye. He can go 80, 90 yards in a heartbeat.”
4. Kentucky preparing for a crowd as large as 50,000 for this Saturdays’ spring game. They won’t see any kickoffs or kick returns.
5. With Marcus Lattimore gone, a focus on running backs Mike Davis and Brandon Wilds at South Carolina.
7. Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin will serve as NFL Network analyst on the opening day of the NFL draft.
8. The first team will scrimmage the second team at Vanderbilt’s spring game on Saturday.
9. With the exception of Zach Mettenberger, LSU defenders had the go-ahead to hit all other LSU quarterbacks in practice the past few days.
10. With recruiting deregulation on hold, job responsibilities of support staff are up in the air at Auburn. Gus Malzahn: “Right now, we’re just going day by day.”
11. Georgia’s spring practice is over but the competition for starting spots is just beginning. Coach Mark Richt: “If you’re working out this summer thinking you’ve got something nailed down, you better re-check your thinking.”
12. Hey Georgia fans, who do you want on the cover of Athlon’s preseason college football magazine? You can vote for either Aaron Murray or Todd Gurley here.
13. With his Bulldogs team getting ready for its second spring scrimmage, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is looking for leaders.
14. With defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson gone to an NFL as a likely first-round pick, Missouri needs someone to step up in the middle of the defensive line.
15. Arkansas defensive coordinator Chris Ash on safety Eric Bennett: “He’s been a great player. He’s been a great student of the game.”
16. With a year under his belt, expect even bigger things from Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper. ”Everything is easier. “When I first came in, I didn’t know a lot of plays.” Dee Hart may return punts or kicks for Alabama this fall.
17. A profile of Alabama A.D. Bill Battle and his business career. What if he hadn’t gone to Selma?
18. Billy Donovan’s wish for his Gators next year. ”We have to get more competitive. Nastier.”
19. They may not think it now – but Missouri fans will miss Phil Pressey - “the Jerry Lewis of point guards..”
20. Garry Parrish on why Kentucky deserves to be ranked No. 1 heading into next season.
21. When Eli and Peyton Manning need a tune-up, they turn to Duke coach David Cutcliffe.
22. The NBA’s early entry deadline has some issues. The case of Louisville’s Russ Smith is a perfect example.
23. “Louisville faced the easiest path, seed-wise, of any national champion since UNLV in 1990.”