1. Possible regular season SEC title on the line today in Gainesville. Since beating Mississippi State back in 2004, Alabama is 0-12 in road games against ranked teams.
2. Anthony Grant was Billy Donovan’s assistant for 12 years - 10 of them at Florida. ”Our relationship is way bigger than basketball.”
3. Florida is expecting the return of Michael Frazier II and Will Yeguete today. Forward Erik Murphy: “Obviously it’s great to have those guys back… but we can’t expect too much out of those guys.”
Tennessee at Georgia
4. Tennessee hasn’t lost since the last time they faced Georgia. Big focus for the Vols -stopping Kentavavious Caldwell-Pope, the SEC’s second-leading scorer.
5. Tennessee has won six straight while Georgia has lost three games in the last two weeks where they were tied or leading going into the final minute. Forward Nemanja Djurisic: “Emotionally, we’re beat up a little bit from all those losses.”
Kentucky at Arkansas
6. After losing Nerlens Noel and losing to Tennessee by 30 points, Kentucky has won three straight. Point guard Ryan Harrow: “Everybody is starting to click together.”
7. Arkansas coming off a loss at LSU this week. Coach Mike Anderson: “I want to see how we are going to respond coming off a tough loss playing against a Kentucky team that is playing well right now.”
LSU at Missouri
8. LSU has already beaten Missouri on their home court, but expecting a different challenge on the road. Coach Johnny Jones: ”They’re a much-improved team than the night that we had an opportunity to play them here, and we are as well.”
9. Quick turnaround for Missouri after playing Thursday night at South Carolina. Guard Phil Pressey: “That means less practice. I love it, man, I love it.”
Ole Miss at Mississippi State
10. Considered a bubble NCAA Tournament team, Ole Miss needs every win it can get. Coach Andy Kennedy: “I do feel a sense of urgency. f you don’t have it now, then I’m not sure when you are ever going to find it.”
11. While the Rebels think about the postseason, the Bulldogs try to break a 13-game losing streak. Coach Rick Ray visits fraternity and sorority houses this week in an attempt to fill the student section today.
South Carolina at Texas A&M
12. Gamecocks have lost two straight after losing at home Thursday night to Missouri. Coach Frank Martin: “The disappointing thing is, we had been doing things good and we didn’t do them well.”
13. Aggies guard Elston Turner, Jr. is the SEC’s third-leading scorer at 17.6 points per game. A&M coach Billy Kennedy: “His all-around game is the best in the league from a perimeter standpoint.”
Vanderbilt at Auburn
14. Vanderbilt is up to 10th place in the SEC standings and that’s important. Avoid Day One of the SEC Tournament.
15. Auburn has dropped 12 of its last 13 games. Coach Tony Barbee: “We’re having to rehash things we taught in August, September, October. That’s the frustration part.”