1. William Clapp’s father, Tommy, played for LSU back in the 1980′s. His son plans on following him. But since younger Clapp committed, LSU has brought on new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. What does the offensive line prospect think about the change? “I talked to Coach Cameron for about five minutes on Junior Day,” Clapp said. “I think it is going to be great for the offense and program. With all the NFL experience he has, it should do some good.”
2. Jackson, Alabama linebacker Gavin Bryant received offers this week from Auburn and Alabama. He also has offers South Carolina, Kentucky and Jacksonville State.
3. St. Paul (Alabama) linebacker Tre Williams reportedly received an offer from Missouri today – but he’s apparently already narrowed his list to five teams that doesn’t include Mizzou. Williams top five is reportedly Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida and USC in no particular order.
4. Dominique Hawkins is the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Kentucky. The Madison Central (KY) guard is now being recruited by Kentucky and has offers from South Carolina, Murray State, Morehead State and Western Kentucky, among others. Another player that Kentucky is recruiting, Andrew Wiggins, is the Gatorade Player of the Year in West Virginia.
5. Julius Randle made news on Wednesday when he committed to Kentucky live on ESPNU. The five-star Dallas, Texas area forward joins a star-studded recruiting class headed to Lexington that includes twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison, also from Texas. Rumors that Randle and the Harrison twins would never play on the same team proved to be unfounded gossip. Here’s what Aaron Harrison, Sr. told the Lexington Herald-Leader:
“The animosity that people try to create – it’s not there. It’s never been there. They’ve never had adverse words. We won, they won. And I will give Julius credit because we probably won a lot more than they did against each other. He’s never had an adverse word. After the game is over with he always shook hands, said, ‘Yes, sir or no, sir,’ to me. And my kids have a great relationship with his mother. That’s been the case since elementary school.”