1. Shoulder surgery Friday for Kentucky defensive tackle Donte Rumph. Coach Mark Stoops: “We expect Donte to make a full recovery and be back with us in the fall.”
2. Arkansas defensive tackle Byran Jones weighs more than 300 pounds. Coach Brett Bielema wants him to get bigger.
3. Florida’s Jeremy Brown has endured four injuries and missed 45 games – he’ll be a sixth year senior this fall.
4. Tony Barnhart on the Gators: Beyond (QB Jeff) Driskel’s improvement, there are a number of other reasons to believe the Florida offense will be better.”
5. LSU sophomore Terrence Magee started as a running back, moved to wide receiver, but has returned to the backfield for the Tigers.
6. Georgia redshirt freshman nose guard John Taylor is now working strictly at defensive end. Malcolm Mitchell is focusing exclusively at receiver this spring.
7. Georgia’s Jay Rome played both football and basketball for the Bulldogs – but he’s focusing exclusively on football now.
8. After allowing the most points and yards in conference play than any other SEC team, it’s back to the fundamentals for the Tennessee defense.
9. Does experience in Gus Malzahn’s system mean Kiehl Frazier has an advantage over Jonathan Wallace in Auburn’s starting quarterback battle? Malzahn: “Jonathan Wallace played in a similar system in high school, too. We’re just giving those guys equal reps right now, and we’ll see what happens.”
10. Auburn practices in pads for the first time this morning. Malzahn expects a “very physical” day.
11. JUCO transfer defensive back Justin Cox is expected to contribute immediately at Mississippi State: “A kid that is 6-foot-1 that can run a 4.3 (40-yard dash), it is hard to find those.”
12. Dan Mullen on new Mississippi State cornerbacks coach DeShea Townsend: ”Here’s a guy that has tremendous experience, that’s been through it at every level and had great success at every level.”
13. As one of only two assistant coaches who’ve served at Alabama during Nick Saban’s entire reign, running backs coach Burton Burns has worked with some talented players.
14. ESPN analyst Todd McShay says as many as 11 SEC players could be taken in the first round of the NFL draft – another nine in the second round.
SEC/NCAA Tournament Basketball
15. Florida’s Will Yeguette was bleeding from the mouth after taking a hard shot late in the game last night.
16. How good was Florida’s defense last night? Gators allowed just 35 points in the final 35 minutes of the game.
17. Decision time for Missouri’s Phil Pressey – return for his senior year or enter the NBA draft?
18. ESPN’s Chad Ford on Kentucky’s freshmen not named Nerlens Noel: “None of them are close to being ready for the NBA.”
19. New trend in college basketball? Coaches staying – not leaving. Why they’re content to stay put.
20. West Virginia – you’ve got company. Couch fires reported after Michigan State loss to Duke last night.
21. Out of more than eight million brackets – just 19 have the correct Elite Eight.