1. Here are five players to watch in the SEC this spring.
2. Take a closer look at Auburn’s linebacking corps as spring practice opens.
3. Three Alabama reserves are no longer with Nick Saban’s football team (as the Tide whittles is scholarship list down toward 85).
5. Will receiver Malcolme Kennedy be the man to replace Ryan Swope in Texas A&M’s offense?
6. Former coach Gene Stallings compares Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel to his former Alabama pupil, David Palmer.
7. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray is about eight pounds slimmer and trimmer this spring.
8. Murray wishes he could keep his new frame indoors, but UGA doesn’t have a full-size indoor practice field.
9. Receiver Shamier Jeffery — younger brother of Alshon — is turning heads this spring at South Carolina.
10. Tennessee’s coaches say there’s still lots of work to be done as the Vols rolls into spring break.
11. Will Yeguete has battled back from injury to be part of Florida’s NCAA Tournament run.
12. Erik Murphy on coach Billy Donovan’s playing career at Providence: “He lets us know once in a while, just kidding around, that he led the NCAA Tournament in scoring.”
13. Comedian and Kentucky native Ben Hoffman on the Wildcats’ NIT loss: “I thought we were literally playing a guy named Robert Morris.”
14. Jordan McRae’s cool-off from the field didn’t help the Tennessee basketball team come tournament time.
15. Great news in Oxford where Ole Miss’ will spend $6 million for architects to design a new $10,000-seat basketball arena. Any step away from the Tad Pad is a good step.
16. An SEC Tournament title and today’s NCAA appearance should boost UM’s hoops reputation.
17. Ole Miss had a PR person sit beside Marshall Henderson during his interview session yesterday, but the Rebel (literally) star still managed to dis Wisconsin’s defense: “We also know that Florida and Alabama have better defenses than them.”
18. Mississippi State coach Rick Ray expects to have a full roster next season. (That might help.)
19. New Alabama AD Bill Battle is expected to pick up where Mal Moore left off. (Folks in Alabama are already digging out photos of Battle with Bear Bryant.)
20. After a year on the job, Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork has been given a raise and a contract extension.
21. The replacement for the two poisoned oaks at Toomer’s Corner in Auburn? Three concrete poles. (If they’d gone with a single metal pole it would have been a Festivus miracle.)
22. President Obama might not want it, but Notre Dame coach Mike Brey is sending him one of those hideous lime green jerseys the Irish wore in the Big East tourney.
23. If you didn’t like Notre Dame’s new unis, you probably won’t like these either.
24. And you might not like these proposed basketball court designs for FIU.
25. Ex-Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones didn’t have the Pro Day workout for which he’d hoped. (There’s football speed and track speed and I’ve enough of Jones to know some NFL team would be wise to forget about his 40 time.)
26. Vanderbilt’s Pro Day is today.