1. It’s Ole Miss vs. Florida and Marshall Henderson vs. Scottie Wilbekin. Henderson: “I had 25 on him last time…I get the best defender of every team every single time. It’s been that way for my entire life.”
2. Henderson’s postseason goal? “Make a name for myself so I can get this money.”
4. NIT invitation for Tennessee could present some Thompson-Boling Arena scheduling headaches.
5. Here’s how Kentucky’s resume stacks up against other bubble team profiles.
6. Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News says no to Kentucky, yes to Ole Miss.
7. Despite the loss yesterday, optimism at Vanderbilt. Senior-less Commodores return entire roster.
8. Alabama has had two second-half leads against Florida, but couldn’t close the deal either time. ”Florida outscored Alabama by a combined 61-21 to finish both games.”
9. Looks like the state of Alabama will be shut out of the NCAA Tournament. Joe Dean, Jr. : “College basketball in the state of Alabama at the Division I level needs help.” (Alabama isn’t the only state with this problem.)
10. The Achilles’ heel of Missouri’s season – late fades.
11. Florida was in full pads Saturday. Running back Matt Jones “was the most impressive offensive player of the day.”
12. With spring practice starting at Ole Miss, are the Rebels undersized up front on defense?
13. Tennesssee coach Butch Jones on why it’s important to always keep score: “I think you have to find out about individuals when their blood pressure goes up and how they perform when there’s something on the line.”
14. LSU’s secondary – a young and inexperienced group. John Chavis: ”We’ve got some work to do there but we have the players.”
15. LSU had one early enrollee back in 2008 - they have eight this year.
16. Quarterback Chad Kanoff signed with Vanderbilt – but he’s decided to enroll at Princeton.
17. Georgia’s Ramik Wilson is focused on an expanding role as a starting inside linebacker.
18. Can a go-to receiver emerge at Auburn?
19. Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley is still recovering from offseason surgery on his right shoulder.
20. Alabama has eight quarterbacks in spring practice. AJ McCarron couldn’t squat 225 pounds when he arrived Alabama – now his goal is 600 pounds.
21. Nick Saban on running a successful organization: “Define everyone’s role. When I was with Bill Belichick and the Cleveland Browns, he had everyone’s role detailed and outlined for them. He had one sign in the building: “Do YOUR job.”