1. Frank Haith says his Missouri Tigers don’t listen: “We tell guys what we want to do, then we go out there and do something that’s totally opposite.”
2. Auburn will face former teammate Earnest Ross. Coach Tony Barbee: ”I haven’t thought about it.”
Georgia at South Carolina
3. Following the worst loss ever for South Carolina in SEC play, Gamecocks try to bounce against Georgia. Frank Martin on the Bulldogs: “I think they’re playing their best basketball of the year.”
4. Georgia and South Carolina are considered “permanent” rivals under the league’s new 18-game schedule but Bulldogs players say Florida is a better choice: “You just feel more passionate about that game for some reason.
Tennessee at Arkansas
5. Tennessee is 0-5 on the road, Arkansas averages 31 points more per game at home than on the road.
6. Razorbacks tough at home but struggle on the road under Mike Anderson. 1-17 outside the state of Arkansas the last two years.
Alabama at Vanderbilt
7. Last win for Crimson Tide at Vanderbilt came in 1990 – 0-11 since then. 18-40 all-time at Memorial Gym.
8. Frustrating season for Vanderbilt. Commodores one possession away from beating Kentucky, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Kevin Stallings: What are we, 2-5? And we could be 5-2… We’re a lot better team than we were at the beginning of the season — light years better.”
LSU at Mississippi State
9. Tigers playing their best basketball of the season - hit the road as favorites against Mississippi State.
10. Mississippi State trying to avoid a six-game losing streak.
Kentucky at Texas A&M
11, Kentucky lost at home to Texas A&M when Elston Turner dropped 40 points on the Wildcats. Nerlens Noel: “We owe them something,”
12, Noel has blocked one of every nine shots put up against Kentucky in SEC play. Aggies coach Billy Kennedy: ”If he’s in the paint, you can’t score on him.”
Ole Miss at Florida
13, Injuries have the Rebels down to nine scholarship players and on the road against the best team in the SEC. Coach Andy Kennedy: “Florida is probably as good as there is in America at ball screening action.”
14, Ole Miss leads the SEC in scoring at 80 points a game. Florida hasn’t given up more than 52 points in a conference game this year.