1. No Nerlens Noel means an adjustment for both teams. Tennessee’s Jordan McRae: ”Even if he’s not going to block your shot, you think he is. He affects the game in some kind of way every time down.”
2. Kentucky has beaten Tennessee more than any other team – 149 times. With 66 wins in the series Tennessee has defeated Kentucky more than any other opponent – Vanderbilt is next at 45.
Florida at Auburn
3. Is Florida in danger of a letdown following a win over Kentucky? Billy Donovan: “It’s hard to win on the road. If you don’t play well on the road, you don’t have that crowd behind you, you don’t have that kind of environment behind you, it’s hard to win.”
4. Averaging 13.7 points over his last six games, Chris Denson may be Auburn’s best scoring option right now.
South Carolina at Alabama
5. South Carolina assistant coach Matt Figger before Thursday night’s loss to LSU: “The locker room is a morgue.” Gamecocks looking at 17th losing season in SEC play in 22 years.
6. Alabama hasn’t scored more than 60 points in its last eight games, but has gone 6-2 in that stretch. Crimson Tide tied with Kentucky for second place in the SEC
Missouri at Arkansas
7. Tigers meet their old coach. Current coach Frank Haith and Mike Anderson are good friends. “Mike’s a good friend of mine, and our families are really close.”
8. Mike Anderson on his former players: “They are my sons. You talk about family and I’m big on family with our players. They’re family for life.”
Mississippi State at LSU
9. Bulldogs haven’t won a game since January 12th – nine straight losses since then.
10. LSU forward Johnny O’Bryant has seven double-doubles in the past eight games. Guard Anthony Hickey: “As long as he keeps doing what he’s doing, we’re going to keep winning.”
Texas A&M at Vanderbilt
11. Pattern by the Aggies in recent games has been to win one and then lose one. Texas A&M coach Billy Kennedy: We’ve got to get more consistent offensively.”
12. The Aggies Elston Turner is coming off a 37-point performance against Ole Miss. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings: “They have a guy, obviously, that’s capable of going off at this juncture unlike anybody else in the league.”
Georgia at Ole Miss
13. Top two scorers in the SEC face-off in this one – Marshall Henderson of Ole Miss and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope of Georgia.
14, Struggling Rebels try to get back on track. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy: “Our first-shot defense hasn’t been as good as it needs to be,”