1. With just four assists and seven turnovers against Texas A&M Thursday, Phil Pressey has too often collapsed late in games for the Tigers. Frank Haith: “Right now, I just want him to relax and play the game the way he knows how to play it.”
2. Ole Miss has already beaten the Tigers by 15 points at home but a win on a road would be a nice resume builder. Andy Kennedy: “They’re an excellent team, so we’ll have to be on top of our game,”
Arkansas at Vanderbilt
3. Home wins against Florida and Tennessee and a close road loss at Alabama gives Arkansas confidence despite an 0-7 road record.
4. Vanderbilt averaging SEC-low 59.2 points per game. Last time Commodores failed to average at least 60? The 1949-50 season.
Auburn at Kentucky
5. Auburn held Alabama to just 37 points in its last game but Kentucky is averaging 76.2 points per game. Rob Chubb: ”There’s no reason why we shouldn’t play defense like that every night.”
6. John Calipari does not watch tape with this team: ”I don’t want them to see me in the basketball sense, right now. I’m just teaching life skills…”
Mississippi State at Florida
7. Bulldogs trying to snap a seven-game losing streak against a team it lost to by 35 points two weeks ago.
8. The loss of Will Yeguete opens up playing time for Florida freshman guard Michael Frazier II.
Texas A&M at Georgia
9. Aggies hit the road after beating Missouri Thursday night. First time in Billy Kennedy’s two years that Texas A&M has beaten a top 25 team.
10. Georgia’s home attendance is the lowest in the SEC. Will a four-game winning streak help bring the fans back?
LSU at Alabama
11. LSU wants to speed up the tempo. Tigers averaging 14.6 turnovers and 9.6 steals per game.
12. Alabama wants to forget that loss to Auburn and focus on LSU. Anthony Grant: “They are playing their best basketball right now, so we’ve got to do a really good job.”