1. Kentucky has added a JUCO defensive lineman to its 2013 class. Melvin Lewis has played the last two years at Fullerton Community College in California. According to Lexington Herald-Leader, Lewis also received offers from Miami and Washington. Kentucky now has 23 signees for its 2013 class.
2. Alabama’s new $9 million weight room is impressing recruits. Tallahassee, Florida running back Justin Vickers told Rivals.com, “My favorite part was the weight room.”
3. Opelika, Alabama teammates Stephen Roberts, a cornerback, and Jakell Mitchell, who calls defensive end his “dream position” both visited Auburn last weekend. Roberts said he and Mitchell have talked about going to the same school.
4. Several prospects expected to visit Arkansas – here’s the rundown.
5. River Ridge, Louisiana cornerback Terrance Alexander has an offer from Arkansas. Alexander, timed at 4.4 seconds in the forty, also has offers from several other schools, including Tennessee, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt.
6. Hugh Freeze and his staff at Ole Miss will lose six offensive linemen after the 2013 season and are making that position a priority for 2014. The Rebels already have one verbal pledge from an in-state lineman in DeSoto Central’s Tyler Putnam and are recruiting the state’s top line prospect, Callaway’s Rod Taylor. Taylor tells the Oxford Eagle, “I’ve been up (to Oxford) four times. Ole Miss is a good offer, I just don’t know where I want to go yet.”
7. Florida has six commitments in its 2014 class. The Palm Beach Post has a breakdown.