South Carolina 63 – Ole Miss 62. Video Highlights
1. Trailing by six points with five minutes to go, Gamecocks hold Rebels scoreless and rally to break six-game losing streak. Coach Frank Martin: “I feel good for our kids because they’ve been in the grinder here for three weeks and league play is unforgiving.”
2. Since starting the season 17-2, Ole Miss has lost five of its last seven games. Coach Andy Kennedy: “Thank goodness the NCAA tournament is not selected tomorrow. So we’ve got opportunities to try to improve.”
Kentucky 74 – Vanderbilt 70. Video Highlights
3. Career-high 20 points for Willie Cauley-Stein who also blocked three shots. Kentucky outscored Vanderbilt 38-24 in the lane.
4. Sixth straight loss in Lexington for Vanderbilt. Coach Kevin Stallings: “The indicator for me was when they got 12 layups in the first half. That was a pretty good indicator that something wasn’t right.”
Texas A&M 65 – Auburn 56. Video Highlights
5. Aggies get the road win behind 21 points from Elston Turner. A&M coach Billy Kennedy: “When Elston Turner gets 20 points, we win.”
6. Auburn coach Tony Barbee makes 44 substitutions, eight players see at least 15 minutes of action. ”We’re not a very good team right now,”
Alabama 64 – Mississippi State 56. Video Highlights
7. Alabama goes on late fourth quarter 15-4 run to break game open, maintains hold on second place in the SEC. Coach Anthony Grant: “In the second half, we were outplayed. We were fortunate that we made enough plays to preserve the win.”
8. Bulldogs have now lost 11 straight – tied for second-longest in school history.