1. 17 years after he shot and wounded then 18-month old Reuben Foster and his mother - the father of the Alabama signeee apprehended by U.S. Marshals. Danny Foster escaped from an Alabama jail in 1996.
2. Alabama high school football coach Kerry Stevenson has resigned from his job - expected to land support staff role with the Crimson Tide.
3. Cam Cameron’s agent was asked Friday about multiple reports that his client had been hired as the offensive coordinator at LSU. ”I don’t think that’s true.” Then he hung up the phone.
4. Did Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham withdrew his name from consideration with the New Orleans Saints because he knew he wasn’t getting the job? Draw you own conclusions.
5. Ole Miss recruiting coordinator Tyler Siskey says head coach Hugh Freeze is ”a machine in the home – the best I’ve ever seen.”
6. How does Alabama sign four running backs Wednesday? Tennessee running backs coach Jay Graham: “The thing about running backs, they have confidence,”
7. “Texas A&M is cool, Texas is stale and the gap is only widening.”
9. Former South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore expects to play NFL football this fall.
10. South Carolina receivers coach Steve Spurrier, Jr. says he not worried that the Gamecocks didn’t sign a receiver in this year’s recruiting class.
11. With a 4-2-5 defense, signing bigger and physical safeties a priority at Auburn this year.
12. Here are 10 true freshman expected to make an impact in 2013 - three of them will play in the SEC.
13. Arkansas athletics generates $150 million annually for the state economy, according to a study released Friday.
14. Florida giving up 52.4 points per game – second best in the country, but coach Billy Donovan doesn’t want to hear it: “As of today, we are a really bad defensive team,
15. Kentucky freshman Willie Cauley-Stein: “There’s no chance to hit a freshman wall here.”
16, If Auburn players admitted they were “scared” when they played Kentucky at home, what’s it going to be like at Rupp Arena?
17, Georgia coach Mark Fox on Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: “He rebounds, he defends, he gets steals. He’s a more complete player.”
18, Why is Missouri so bad on the road? One reason is horrendous defense.
19. Strange things opposing fans have said to Missouri players.
20. NCAA Tournament wide open this year? Not so fast. ”The truth is that for as much as we love Cinderella, she never gets to put on the lost glass slipper that makes dreams come true.”