1. In Tennessee’s four-overtime victory Saturday against Texas A&M, there were several under the radar key moments.
2. Tennessee had plenty of alums on hand to watch the win. “We have a huge Tennessee fan base in Dallas-Fort Worth. It’s one of the strongest chapters in all of the United States.”
4. So what were Missouri’s Phil Pressey and Kentucky’s Archie Goodwin chatting about late in the game Saturday night?
5. What do Missouri’s five true road losses that came down to a final possession have in common? “A bad decision by Pressey costing the Tigers down the stretch.”
6. “Compared to the other visiting SEC schools this season, Missouri fans had the biggest contingent in Rupp Arena and the Lexington area in general…”
7. Maybe coach Johnny Jones should have been at LSU a long time ago. ”Considering the start Jones has had, there is no telling how far along LSU’s basketball program might be now had he been hired in 2008.”
8. Florida’s Michael Frazier II suffered a concussion Saturday against Arkansas – coach Billy Donovan says he’s out for tomorrow’s game. 6’6″ Casey Prather may play some center against Tennessee.
9. Tennessee’s Trae Golden SEC Player of the Week - Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein the SEC Freshman of the Week.
10. We told you this morning Jay Graham is leaving Tennessee to join Jimbo Fisher’s staff at Florida State. He’ll join former Tennessee assistants Randy Sanders and Sal Sunseri.
11. Georgia doesn’t appear to be in any hurry to replace Rodney Garner as recruiting coordinator. Mark Richt: “I don’t have any plans on naming anybody recruiting coordinator.” A spring preview of the Bulldogs offense.
12. New Auburn coach Gus Malzahn tried to convince defensive end Corey Lemonier to stick around for his senior year instead of entering the NFL draft. ”They were trying to convince me like crazy.”
13. Auburn will have 18 defensive linemen on the roster this fall.
14. Best one-two punch at quarterback in the SEC? South Carolina with Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson.
NFL Scouting Combine
15. Former Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson is never shy about voicing an opinion. “I see myself as the top pick, not a top-10 pick.”
16. Neither is former Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner: ““I feel like I am the best DB in this draft.”
17. Biggest draft-status threat for former Alabama players appears to be Eddie Lacy’s hamstring problems.
18. Dismissed for multiple failed drug tests, former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu says he’s learned his lesson. ”To go back down that road? Not a chance in this world. Not a chance in this lifetime.”
19.. LSU defensive ends Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo have a $5,000 bet on which player will get selected first.
20. Former Mississippi State defensive tackle Josh Boyd did 32 reps on the 225 lb bench press – fourth best among defensive linemen.
21. Former Arkansas running back Knile Davis ran a 4.37 forty. “I think the thing that sets me apart is the size, speed, agility combination.” Former teammate Chris Gragg “most surprising” tight end?
22. Former Auburn running back Ontario McCalebb’s official 40-yard dash time – 4.34 seconds. That’s tied for the second-best in the 2013 combine.
23. Tennessee’s Cordarrelle Patterson ran a 4.42, fellow wide receiver Justin Hunter ran a 4.44. Quarterback Tyler Bray has added 24 pounds.
24. NFL analyst on Bray: “If you are an elite quarterback, you force guys around you to be better. And to me, Bray just doesn’t seem to have that innate ability to lead at this point.”
25. Former Missouri wide receiver T.J. Moe was the slowest wide receiver timed in the forty-yard dash but he also did the most repetitions in the bench press.
26. Vanderbilt’s Zac Stacy is projected as a late-round pick. “There are a lot of great quality backs here. For the most part they have a chip on their shoulder just like I do.”
27. How does the NFL view former Alabama nose guard Jesse Williams and the hundreds of tattoos covering his body? ”I haven’t had any negative comments about them or it affecting anything to do with the Draft or why people view me.”
28. Peter King thinks four of the top five picks will come from the SEC.
29. Bruce Feldman: “A source at a big BCS school I spoke with Saturday night told me he’s heard (NCAA president Mark) Emmert won’t keep his job.”
30. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio on what NFL teams want to know about a certain Notre Dame’s linebacker: “Teams want to know if Manti Te’o is gay.”