1. Georgia reserve tight end Ty Flournoy-Smith arrested Friday night. The misdemeanor charge involves a false report of stolen textbooks. Authorities believe Flournoy-Smith sold the books himself. Mark Richt aware of arrest.
2. New offensive coordinator Cam Cameron’s contract at LSU calls for a $1 million buyout.
3. Former Texas A&M running back Christine Michael still doesn’t understand why he didn’t play in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma. ”I had no clue that I wasn’t going to play not a down in that game. It was shocking to me, and it still shocks me to this day.”
4. With defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson’s 4-2-5 defense, Auburn wants big safeties: “We’re going to put one more body up there than you can block, and try to disrupt the blocking schemes instead of trying to physically overpower offensive linemen.”
5. Defensive end might be the deepest unit for Mississippi State this fall. Can five-star recruit Chris Jones start as a freshman?
6. Young defensive ends spark optimism at Ole Miss as well.
NFL Scouting Combine
7. Offensive lineman Chance Warmack on his time at Alabama: “It’s like a mini-NFL.” Why “Warmacking” may come to an end in the NFL.
8. Former Alabama tackle D.J. Fluker: “I want to be the Ray Lewis of my offensive line.”
9. Running back Eddie Lacy won’t run the 40-yard dash at the combine because of an ailing hamstring.
10. A school-record 13 players at the combine from LSU includes as many as four potential first-round picks.
11. A focus for Alabama today – stopping LSU’s Johnny O’Bryant. Averaging 21.5 points and 10 rebounds over the last four games.
12. Another big man that’s found a groove is Vanderbilt’s Rod Odom – averaging 15.2 points last five games.
13. Tennessee’s shared history with Texas A&M – each program’s best player was Bernard King.
14. Mizzou point guard Phil Pressey has been a lightning rod for criticism. Does his second-half performance against Florida mean he’s getting better?
15. John Calipari is not a fan the late start time to tonight’s game against Missouri. ”I hate it at 9 o’clock.” (Eastern time)
16. Despite losing 10-of-11, Auburn’s freshmen are optimistic about the future. Shaq Johnson: ”I think the future looks bright for this program.”
17. Top two rivalries lost thanks to realignment have SEC ties.
18. Realignment Rumor Mill - MrSEC joins the panel discussion.
19. Former Kentucky coach Hal Mumme reportedly headed to SMU as offensive coordinator.